January transfer window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January transfer window

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:53 am

With the signing of Kozo and now Miller i expect us to sign 1 more player (Canzo said he was still speaking to 2 players after Kozo signed)

I hope this other guy is a defender because that is an area we need to strengthen.

If we can keep Docherty then i think this has been a successful window but time will tell.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:48 am

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:With the signing of Kozo and now Miller i expect us to sign 1 more player (Canzo said he was still speaking to 2 players after Kozo signed)

I hope this other guy is a defender because that is an area we need to strengthen.

If we can keep Docherty then i think this has been a successful window but time will tell.

Completely agree. We urgently need a central defender.

Both Kozo and Miller look like useful additions, and it doesn't seem like anyone's leaving apart from Docherty.

I started the window fairly confident Greg would stay till the summer, but now I think he's going to go, although it's not the done deal it looked on Friday. My take on that is there's broad agreement between Accies, Rangers and Greg, but something's not resolved: it could be concerns about Rangers coming up with the cash, or it could be we're negotiating a loan player to come the other way. If he does stay, let's hope his head's in the right place, and he continues to perform as well for the rest of the season.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:51 am

Carshaltoncpfc wrote:
YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I see we have signed a striker from 2 Leagues below the English Conference-7th tier.

Palace season ticket holder who also follows my local non league team Carshalton athletic ! Forget the level he plays at , you’ve signed a gem ! Mickel is one of the players who have come through our academy , he nearly signed for sheff wed earlier in the season after appearing in the Jamie vardy academy tv series. I know palace we’re looking as well as I sent them a video that was made and got a reply from mark bright !! So fair play to your scouting team !
I’ll try and post the vid that was made so you can see for yourself , personally gutted he’s gone , I get to see Wilfred Zaha one week then mickel if I don’t go to palace away , he Reminds me of him , I rate him that highely !! Be interesting to see if he gets in your first team straight away , possibly not I assume ? Anyhow good luck for the season, be a few of us keeping an eye out !!!

Thanks for the info!

I used to live near Carshalton, in Caterham-on-the-hill (many years ago). Nice part of the country.

Looking forward to seeing what Mickel can do for us.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 pm

If he turns out to be half as good as Richard Roy,Diaby,Sumsky,etc,etc,etc it will all be worth it.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:02 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:With the signing of Kozo and now Miller i expect us to sign 1 more player (Canzo said he was still speaking to 2 players after Kozo signed)

Nothing personal, but a step up from the EIGHT tier of English football to the Scottish Premiership may be a bit of an ask. Kozo we will have to wait to see how he pans out also. I personally would've liked some form of proven talent at a higher level, even if it's a journeyman to help steer our youth. Gogic I thought played better when he was a Defensive Midfielder, he's handy to have at CB due to pace but it's obviously not his position. We also need to come to the realisation McMann is still miles off the standard for this league.
I'd be very glad to keep Docherty till summer, then the bidding wars can truly commence.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:39 pm

judgeflash wrote:

Nothing personal, but a step up from the EIGHT tier of English football to the Scottish Premiership may be a bit of an ask. Kozo we will have to wait to see how he pans out also. I personally would've liked some form of proven talent at a higher level, even if it's a journeyman to help steer our youth. Gogic I thought played better when he was a Defensive Midfielder, he's handy to have at CB due to pace but it's obviously not his position. We also need to come to the realisation McMann is still miles off the standard for this league.
I'd be very glad to keep Docherty till summer, then the bidding wars can truly commence.

I do agree although he will be behind Rojano and Bingham in the pecking order so don't expect him to come straight into the first team.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:00 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:
judgeflash wrote:

I do agree although he will be behind Rojano and Bingham in the pecking order so don't expect him to come straight into the first team.

Reading through the twitter replies etc, apparently this guy can play on the wing as well. I pray for the day we implement a form of 4-5-1 or a variation of a 4-4-2
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:25 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:
judgeflash wrote:

Not so sure if he'll be behind Bingham ,but possibly behind Rojano when he's fit. I've never been convinced with Bingham to be honest.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:58 pm

Ziggy Gordon has been released by his polish friends. He's back home in Scotland, maybe he needs to come back to us and eat some humble pie? ;) Whilst he had the tendency to lunge in and make some mistakes, I thought he was a good servant who would be welcomed back. He could move into a CB role or play on our left.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:11 pm

MMMMM Interesting. Does MC know?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:10 am

Knowing Calamity Canning, he'd probably sign Ziggy and play him as a number 10 or a false number 9.
Lol.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Gav » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:14 am

Ziggy would be an excellent signing.
Gav
Championship

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 am

Ziggy would do a job over Gogic/McMann at Centre half for me. But wouldn’t get near the right back slot over Skondras.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Gav » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 am

I like the look of
Woods
Gogic,Tomas and Ziggy
Skondras, Daz, Kozo, Imrie
Temps and Ali
Rojano or Bingham
Gav
Championship

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Ross County sign ex Liverpool and Paris Saint Germain striker David N'Gog.
We are in for Angus Og.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:52 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Ross County sign ex Liverpool and Paris Saint Germain striker David N'Gog.
We are in for Angus Og.

He's averaged around 13 games per year since 2014. He never lived up to his potential, he is a better risk than Richard Roy though 8-)

Agree with the above assessment of welcoming back Ziggy. He's nowhere near as good on the right as Skondras, he could definitely do a job at CB.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:43 am

Well that's young Greg off today for the £650K we wanted.
Plus the usual add ons of course.
Wish him well with his new Club at the new Club.
Would have rather seen him head South than go to them but he is a Rangers fan after all so can't blame him for that at all.
Fee agreed, personal terms agreed, medical should be a formality.
Only one potential last minute obstacle and that is that Dave King, the skint billionaire,has to go over all the paperwork and payment structure before it is 100%sanctioned.
And will Ronnie and Les be prepared to take plastic coin bags full of Krugerrands as the banks charge an admin fee for this?
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:46 am

Really hope we’ve got our money up front. If not we might never see it. What happens when/ if they go tits up?

Not a good move for doc in my opinion at all.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:54 am

Accies seem to enjoy being scammed.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Tess Tickles » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:49 pm

Mikey Devlin off to Preston... all but confirmed on the official site!?!
Tess Tickles
Pub League

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies