January transfer window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January transfer window

Postby ASAccie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Jackbellhfc wrote:
ASAccie wrote:Jack- can you provide one example where he missed badly last night? He only had sight of goal once, and his shot was on target but blocked. Some folk seem to find the negative in everything.

That being said - last night was pretty awful. We need another 2 defenders at least.

Could tell by his dreadful first touch and every time the ball came to his feet he wasn’t finding anyone and always taking a wayward first touch. Another player who will just fizzle away.

We'll agree to disagree then - I wont pass total judgement on a player one game in. I thought he did well given the limited service - won more headers than Bingham has all season, and played some decent linkup play.

We need a physical presence up top
ASAccie
Pub League

Postby Jackbellhfc » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:30 pm

How much did devlin go for?
Jackbellhfc
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:16 pm

We'll agree to disagree then - I wont pass total judgement on a player one game in. I thought he did well given the limited service - won more headers than Bingham has all season, and played some decent linkup play.

We need a physical presence up top[/quote]

Think you are spot on here. He worked hard, won lots of headers and looked to be a handful for defenders. Got little service against a very well organised Hearts back four. MUST start against a poorer Dundee defence Saturday to show what he is capable of.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:51 pm

Jackbellhfc wrote:How much did devlin go for?

An "undisclosed fee" it says in the link.

Given that his contract was almost up, I'd imagine next to nothing.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby NB.hafc » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:07 pm

That there could be our downfall
NB.hafc
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:06 pm

Grant Gillespie has been granted a release to seek another club now also.

That's Grant Gillespie with nearly 200 professional appearances who could still do a decent job at filling in positions.
We have dropped our top prospect Docherty, our best defender and captain Devlin, a man who is tearing arses at Falkirk now in Longridge and now Gillespie.
I've been told that Crawford is VERY likely to go within the next week. Combined these guys have nearly 500 apps at this level.

We have dropped this significant amount of experience and so far the replacements have been two unproven strikers and a defensive midfielder who is apparently not match fit...Oh and the walking bomb-scare that is Sarris has been given a second chance. Just when you think we have turned the corner as a club, this looks like a desperate situation.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:50 pm

Dont panic Martin has it in hand, He is actively recruiting new players, Miller from Carshalton and also someone from Marbella--oh but we have loaned him back to Marbella.

18 year old centre back Alex Garcia has also signed from Marbella Futbol Club. The Spaniard has signed a 2 and half year deal and will be immediately loaned back to the Segunda Division B side for the remainder of the 2017-18 season.

Not looking good is it
smc4761
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:52 pm

smc4761 wrote:Dont panic Martin has it in hand, He is actively recruiting new players, Miller from Carshalton and also someone from Marbella--oh but we have loaned him back to Marbella.

18 year old centre back Alex Garcia has also signed from Marbella Futbol Club. The Spaniard has signed a 2 and half year deal and will be immediately loaned back to the Segunda Division B side for the remainder of the 2017-18 season.

Not looking good is it

The third tier of spanish football? Chamorrrroooooo.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Gav » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:15 pm

The only player to leave that is a loss is Greg but we got a shed load of cash for him. Devlin and Gills have barely featured and Longridge was nowhere near good enough.

We have 2 new Greek guys who folk are slagging already and a young lad from Carshalton. Wonder if the Leicester fans thought the same when they signed Vardy or the Palace fans when they got Ian Wright from Wealdstone or someone.

FFS give the new lads a chance.

If we get Hall in from Brighton and possibly Ziggy I reckon we will be looking ok.

I would also get shot of Donati who is utterly dreadful
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:24 pm

I've heard we are only getting £425,000 in total for Docherty - £125k up front and five instalments of £60k over three years. If correct, this is a shocking deal and smacks of a Rangers minded chairman bending over backwards for them. Contrast this with Dundee's £1.5m price tag on Jack Hendry.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gav » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:56 pm

Where did you hear that ?

Dundee will get nowhere near that for Hendry.
Gav
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I've heard we are only getting £425,000 in total for Docherty - £125k up front and five instalments of £60k over three years. If correct, this is a shocking deal and smacks of a Rangers minded chairman bending over backwards for them. Contrast this with Dundee's £1.5m price tag on Jack Hendry.

Bloggers with agendas aren't reliable sources. Most reputable media have the fee at between £600,000 and £675,000, with the amount upfront between 50% and 100%.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:09 pm

Gav wrote:The only player to leave that is a loss is Greg but we got a shed load of cash for him. Devlin and Gills have barely featured and Longridge was nowhere near good enough.

We have 2 new Greek guys who folk are slagging already and a young lad from Carshalton. Wonder if the Leicester fans thought the same when they signed Vardy or the Palace fans when they got Ian Wright from Wealdstone or someone.

If we get Hall in from Brighton and possibly Ziggy I reckon we will be looking ok.

I agree with this.

Except I'd keep Donati. In exactly the role he currently has: back-up and filling-in as needed.

We're currently ahead of three teams in the league. To stay there, we need either a new signing to shine or a youngster to step up. Both would be even better!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:25 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I've heard we are only getting £425,000 in total for Docherty - £125k up front and five instalments of £60k over three years. If correct, this is a shocking deal and smacks of a Rangers minded chairman bending over backwards for them. Contrast this with Dundee's £1.5m price tag on Jack Hendry.

Call me cynical but isn't it strange how it was the Celtic bloggers who had every detail of the Docherty deal, equally strange was that Crystal Palace left it right to the point of the deal being done before expressing their interest letting the Sun indulge their gullible readers with a "Rangers pip Premiership giants to Docherty signing" headlines. People might want to believe that Accies are getting paid for Docherty in £50k installments over 3 years and that the first player sale to Rangers in a 14 tenure make McDonald a "Rangers minded chairmen" but it seems nonsense to me. Ultimately over a 2 week public bartering session no other teams appear to have submitted a bid for Docherty but more important than that he had decided he wanted to go to Rangers, after that it was just a case of how much Accies could hold out for. I appreciate everything Greg did for Accies (especially that play off goal) but for a player that has been at Accies since he was 8 years old to immediately tweet "Rangers then, Rangers now, Rangers forever" 2 minutes after he signs shows you what the Accies BOD were up against.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:44 pm

Gav wrote:The only player to leave that is a loss is Greg but we got a shed load of cash for him. Devlin and Gills have barely featured and Longridge was nowhere near good enough.

Sensible post on Accies Forum shocker. I like Gillespie and his leaving message was class but like every job people get stale and need to move on for the good of their careers. Football is no different and like Longridge a new club and possibly dropping down a division will hopefully help him get things back on track.

I think Donati will be gone too before Wednesday night and would welcome this move. For those demanding experience or a name they know then Donati is a perfect example that there is no signing that come with a guarantee - despite his pedigree he has been woeful.

Rebuilding a squad for any team or manager is difficult for Accies and Canning it is more so but the current overwhelming negativity helps no-one. Looking forward to seeing some of our new signings. The boy from Marbella comes from the same league status as Garcia Tena and as others have said there is several players who have successfully made the leap from English low league football to the dizzy heights of the English Premiership.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Jackbellhfc » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 am

Yeh, give canning a chance with these “unknown” transfers and see how it goes when we end up in the championship and all our players leave leading to us ending up at square one…
Jackbellhfc
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:40 am

It is currently Groundhog Day iro a sudden rebuilding.We have been here before under Ian Munro,Billy Reid and Canning.If The BOD give Canning decent resources we can recover from this and enjoy watching a new team with a mixture of seasoned professionals,home grown kids and new signings;the worry I have is that the new players are:1)Not match fit 2)Coming into a new unknown League and 3) Will buckle due to the expectation of having to hit the ground running.

A couple of "known signings" will bolster confidence among the fans who are currently sceptical about the intentions of The BOD;if they want us to stay up they better pull some rabbits out the hat.
Last edited by YeOldeHamiltonian on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Rojano » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:58 am

The Greg Docherty tweet referred to here , rangers then... etc is a retweet and was originally posted in 2012 when Greg was id imagine still at school
Rojano
Pub League

Postby Rojano » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:03 am

The 425 and six payments of 60 k was doing the rounds about ten days ago and was supposedly the second offer . since then Ronnie has spent at least a week in negotiations. more than enough misinformation in the media without us spreading it ourselves.
Rojano
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:24 pm

Dunfermline Forum says Ziggy Gordon knocked both us and them back.

I would try to get Swanson in to end of the season to replace Docherty and maybe the young understudy to Tierney at Celtic.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies