January transfer window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January transfer window

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
judgeflash wrote:If he goes this month or *in summer* we are going to have ONE HELLUVA depleted midfield in Summer. Ali is 99% not going to re-resign a contract. Leaving us with regulars of Mackinnon (32) - Dougie (35) Donati (37) - Daniel Redmond and Darren Lyon *Someone I really don't rate* .
Either our new crop of youngsters are gonna have to massively step up or we are gonna have to invest in some fresh personnel...on top of our need for defenders, ugh.

You missed out ... Kozo!

Apparently we were after Chrys Kozoronis for some time - maybe he's seen as the replacement for Greg?

Of the youngsters, a lot's been made recently of 18-year-old Lewis Ferguson.

It's the Accies way: players leave, and others arrive or come through the ranks. Greg will be a big loss (hopefully not till summer), but we'll move on.

I've been told by a good source that Kozo is a direct replacement for Ali. Accies are very keen to hold onto Docherty just now and are in no hurry to sell. Rangers have been told if they want to enquire about the player they have to do so in writing. Only way this could get ugly is if Greg hands in a transfer request but even then accies could play hard. He's contracted till 2021. Killie have today shown that smaller premiership clubs are no pushovers now by knocking back a stupid bid for Jordan Jones. They've been told 500k for the lad.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Willie Wastle wrote:
judgeflash wrote:If he goes this month or *in summer* we are going to have ONE HELLUVA depleted midfield in Summer. Ali is 99% not going to re-resign a contract. Leaving us with regulars of Mackinnon (32) - Dougie (35) Donati (37) - Daniel Redmond and Darren Lyon *Someone I really don't rate* .
Either our new crop of youngsters are gonna have to massively step up or we are gonna have to invest in some fresh personnel...on top of our need for defenders, ugh.

You missed out ... Kozo!

Apparently we were after Chrys Kozoronis for some time - maybe he's seen as the replacement for Greg?

It's the Accies way: players leave, and others arrive or come through the ranks. Greg will be a big loss (hopefully not till summer), but we'll move on.

I've been told by a good source that Kozo is a direct replacement for Ali. Accies are very keen to hold onto Docherty just now and are in no hurry to sell. Rangers have been told if they want to enquire about the player they have to do so in writing. Only way this could get ugly is if Greg hands in a transfer request but even then accies could play hard. He's contracted till 2021. Killie have today shown that smaller premiership clubs are no pushovers now by knocking back a stupid bid for Jordan Jones. They've been told 500k for the lad.

If there was a LIKE button on this forum, I'd be using it for this post.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:49 pm

Like too.
FTW
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby ASAccie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:55 pm

I find it strange that Rangers couldn't find £1m to pay for Jamie Murphy but can somehow find nearly an equivalent amount to pay for Greg... Les isn't a mug and would expect the cash up front from that shower (and also hopefully with a nice sell on clause wherever he goes!)
ASAccie
Pub League

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:13 pm

I think it's fair to say that it's a gimme that any young player sold by Accies will always have a sell on clause.
That is very obvious.
Where Les and Ronnie's business acumen really comes in to play is the additional clauses such as for International caps,target appearances and the like.
This is where Accies made a fortune on the McCarthy/MacArthur deals.
Pity they weren't as clued up on Cyber Fraud.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:09 am

In this morning's press that Accies have quite rightly kicked into touch a measly £300k bid from Sevco .
And that Alex Neil has joined the race for Doc.
Did we really expect a realistic bid from that mob?
On principle if they bid £2m tomorrow Accies should tell them to ram it.
Would be better all round if Greg went to England anyway.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:05 am

Amoutahere1874 wrote:In this morning's press that Accies have quite rightly kicked into touch a measly £300k bid from Sevco .
And that Alex Neil has joined the race for Doc.
Did we really expect a realistic bid from that mob?
On principle if they bid £2m tomorrow Accies should tell them to ram it.
Would be better all round if Greg went to England anyway.

If the rumours are true, £300k is a derisory bid, and one we should have no trouble turning down. It should take at least double that, cash down. And if Greg can maintain form to the end of the season, no reason why the asking price can't rise to £1m+ - more if a bidding war develops.

The silver lining is our prospects of keeping Greg to the summer look improved.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Hamilton Ad reporting Preston leading the chase for Docherty, Aberdeen have asked about Devlin.

We are also speaking to 2 players. I hope at least one of them is a striker.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:00 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:Hamilton Ad reporting Preston leading the chase for Docherty, Aberdeen have asked about Devlin.

I'd be amazed if Aberdeen's enquiry is any more than "how's the injury?" I know they were interested last season, but I can't believe they'd pay for Devlin until he's come back and proved himself. However, if there's any chance of him leaving - or not being fit again soon - one of our prospective signings has to be a centre-back.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Devlin is out of contract in the summer. So wouldn’t cost them anything for them to approach him. But surprised they’d be interested with that injury.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:

You missed out ... Kozo!

I didn't miss him out..as he's not one of the ''regulars'' that I mentioned ;p.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:54 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:Hamilton Ad reporting Preston leading the chase for Docherty, Aberdeen have asked about Devlin.

I'd be amazed if Aberdeen's enquiry is any more than "how's the injury?" I know they were interested last season, but I can't believe they'd pay for Devlin until he's come back and proved himself. However, if there's any chance of him leaving - or not being fit again soon - one of our prospective signings has to be a centre-back.

Two severe knee injuries *not counting minor ones* would surely make a signing like Devlin quite a gamble? Although gambling on a free transfer * as long as his wage bill isn't much* could prove it's worth. His performance against Aberdeen is still probably burning a hole in their mind.

I genuinely hope Greg ends up at the likes of Preston, he would suit the more physical nature of the Eng-Championship. We may also hopefully get a relationship built with Sir Alex again...Loan back? ;)
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Mentioned by Roger Hannah on Clyde1SSB tonight that Aberdeen had a cash bid KO'd by Accies for Devlin.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Mentioned by Roger Hannah on Clyde1SSB tonight that Aberdeen had a cash bid KO'd by Accies for Devlin.

That makes ZERO sense, I call bullshit. I know that Aberdeen were chasing him last year, however Devlin in interviews pledged to be with Accies next season *This season*
Unless he's planning on signing a longer term contract, we would be better selling off Devlin now, instead of for hee-haw in 5 months.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:41 am

Only quoting what was said on the radio.
Get off your high horse.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Aberdeen may admire Devlin, but Martin Canning made him captain of Accies when he was only 23, so I don't see him leaving now. I think he'll sign a new contract, assuming we offer him one, and I expect to see him lead us to SPL safety this season.

If Docherty isn't on the team sheet on Saturday ("illness" or "minor injury" or "family reasons" or whatever), then we're selling him to Rangers this window, and they don't want him cup-tied. But I expect to see Greg start against Motherwell, and think he'll stay till the summer as well.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:23 pm

[quote="Amoutahere1874"]Only quoting what was said on the radio.
Get off your high horse.[/quote
Don't have to be on any form of animal to call bullshit, LOLLLLLLLLLLL FTW

Anyways, hopefully by Saturday we will have clarity on Docherty.
Devlins interview last year stuck in my head when he said he'd be an Accies player next season *this season* but isn't pledging his future to the club. Aberdeen would certainly be a step up in club size and wages, so I wouldn't blame him if he did go. I doubt however Aberdeen would try and buy a player who is nearing the end of contract. I don't see Devlin * at this stage and with injury* getting a bigger club than Aberdeen to come after him. We have done not TOO badly without Devlin, however the likes of Want IMO will never be a direct replacement for him.

I heard last night from a reliable source last night that Ali Crawford is negotiating to sign a pre-contract agreement with another scottish team, I was led to believe it could be St Johnstone =z

Just read Big Les has said that Greg is "going nowhere"... then later followed up in the story with how he would be going if an acceptable offer is given. FS.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:39 pm

I think we have accepted that Doc is leaving in this window and all these interviews are too try and get the best possible price for him.

I wouldn't grudge a move to any team in England (preferably Preston due to Sir Alex), but if he went to rangers i would be fuming.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Don van Vliet » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:03 pm

judgeflash wrote:

Just read Big Les has said that Greg is "going nowhere"... then later followed up in the story with how he would be going if an acceptable offer is given. FS.

Well I suspect that is a statement of the truth. No deal has been made, so he is indeed 'going nowhere.' The club has always made it clear that it will not stand in the way of its young players who wish to progress their careers by moving on, so if an 'acceptable offer' were made then that would be 'accepted'. Sounds consistent to me.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Don van Vliet wrote:
judgeflash wrote:

Well I suspect that is a statement of the truth. No deal has been made, so he is indeed 'going nowhere.' The club has always made it clear that it will not stand in the way of its young players who wish to progress their careers by moving on, so if an 'acceptable offer' were made then that would be 'accepted'. Sounds consistent to me.

No one is disputing consistency, I find the tag line of "Going nowhere" to be quite misleading, when you read further down the page he clearly states he will be released if an acceptable offer comes in. This is my issue, not the actual leaving of Docherty.
judgeflash
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies