January transfer window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January transfer window

Postby judgeflash » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:50 am

Gav wrote:The only player to leave that is a loss is Greg but we got a shed load of cash for him. Devlin and Gills have barely featured and Longridge was nowhere near good enough.

We have 2 new Greek guys who folk are slagging already and a young lad from Carshalton. Wonder if the Leicester fans thought the same when they signed Vardy or the Palace fans when they got Ian Wright from Wealdstone or someone.

FFS give the new lads a chance.

If we get Hall in from Brighton and possibly Ziggy I reckon we will be looking ok.

I would also get shot of Donati who is utterly dreadful

You realise Leicester did not sign Vardy from Amateur, he was signed from a team called Fleetwood who gained promotion from Conference to League 2 with his help. Anyways!

I think people are just worried as we have massive gaps in midfield and screaming out for competent defenders, signing a 2nd tier of greek footie striker and a 8th tier of english amateur...isn't quite what Accies fans were expecting. Kozo has been signed yet hasn't even had a run out yet.
I personally think Louis could've done a significantly better job than Dougie did on the wing today, I would also have given Gillespie a run out instead of Lyon.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 pm

Graham Neil wrote:I have been told by my local butcher here in Stenhousemuir that Eddie Ferns a winger with the warriors is a signing target for accies.

The accies supporters team? Ferns has been on the way down for a few years now. Fourth tier is his level.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Graham Neil » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Think Accies want to give him a chance.
Graham Neil
Pub League

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:50 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote: I would try to get Swanson in to end of the season to replace Docherty and maybe the young understudy to Tierney at Celtic.

More chance of Swanson going to St. Johnstone than us. Tommy Wright has said he's interested so that would rule us out the running straight away.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby glenthedog » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:54 pm

I live through in the forth valley area now and I watch Stenny on a regular basis as my son plays in their community setup. Eddie Ferns has struggled to get a place in Stenny's first team and he's only made a handful of starts since he signed in the summer. With all due respect to Eddie I'm not sure he is Premier League level and I'm not sure what Accies are thinking if they are considering making a move for him. If they are interested in anyone at Stenhousemuir FC, then midfielder Harry Paton (who was on a development loan from Hearts until a couple of weeks back) would be a great move.

He's a 19 year old Canadian, and he's recently been called back to the Hearts squad to allow them to check his progress, and he was with them on their recent trip abroad over the winter break. I heard that he is trying to hook up a loan deal in the Championship for the rest of the season as he rightly wants to try and move his career on, but it's still possible that he may also come back down to the lower leagues. It would be great if he came back to Stenny for the rest of the season, but if he is looking for a move further up the leagues then Accies should take note. He's a real box-to-box midfielder with loads of energy (a bit like Greg D) and also chips in with a good tally of goals.
glenthedog
Pub League

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:16 pm

sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:19 am

Will we get anyone in today? Or will it be our usual early February signings.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Gav » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:50 am

Last day of transfer window is usually an anti climax for Accies fans. Can't see today from being any different. My guess is we will get nobody in.
Gav
Championship

Postby southoftheborder » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:21 pm

Stephen Hendrie on loan to Motherwell
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby BeeMcphee » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:54 pm

Ben Hall has gone on loan to Notts County.
BeeMcphee
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:13 pm

Charlie Scott, 20 year old midfielder from Man United confirmed as signed until end of season.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:43 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Charlie Scott, 20 year old midfielder from Man United confirmed as signed until end of season.

Defensive midfielder. Ever-present in Man U's under-23s. Sounds like just what we need.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42891149

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-St ... Scott.aspx
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:46 pm

Excellent news
Euan
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:37 pm

I hope i'm wrong but i feel like this is the only news we will be getting tonight
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:40 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:I hope i'm wrong but i feel like this is the only news we will be getting tonight

:D There's always someone whose glass is half empty!

I reckon we've lucked out here. If Daz had got his injury after the window closed would we have signed Charlie? Obviously I haven't seen anything of him, but he has an impressive pedigree. I thought we needed to replace Daz to stay up, and it looks like we have.

5, maybe 6, first team players have left this window, but we've got Sarris back, Kozo, now Scott, plus Ogkboe and Miller up front. I'd have settled for that. It keeps us right in the fight to stay up.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby NB.hafc » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:11 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:I hope i'm wrong but i feel like this is the only news we will be getting tonight

:D There's always someone whose glass is half empty!

I reckon we've lucked out here. If Daz had got his injury after the window closed would we have signed Charlie? Obviously I haven't seen anything of him, but he has an impressive pedigree. I thought we needed to replace Daz to stay up, and it looks like we have.

5, maybe 6, first team players have left this window, but we've got Sarris back, Kozo, now Scott, plus Ogkboe and Miller up front. I'd have settled for that. It keeps us right in the fight to stay up.

Spot on
NB.hafc
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:21 pm

We're still quite light in midfield. This lad Scott has never played a first team game for anyone. Hopefully he'll hit the ground running.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:32 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:We're still quite light in midfield. This lad Scott has never played a first team game for anyone. Hopefully he'll hit the ground running.

Fair point.

But if he'd played for the Man U first team we wouldn't have got a sniff of him. I guess he's been more-or-less promised first team football at Accies, and he'll be looking to prove himself. I can only imagine what the standard of Man U's under-23s must be, and I notice some of their fans on social media are sorry he's leaving and hope he comes back.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:04 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:We're still quite light in midfield. This lad Scott has never played a first team game for anyone. Hopefully he'll hit the ground running.

Fair point.

But if he'd played for the Man U first team we wouldn't have got a sniff of him. I guess he's been more-or-less promised first team football at Accies, and he'll be looking to prove himself. I can only imagine what the standard of Man U's under-23s must be, and I notice some of their fans on social media are sorry he's leaving and hope he comes back.

If he's good enough to be at one of europes largest clubs unders team, I don't doubt his pedigree. Let's hope he's ready to go.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Gav » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:10 pm

Well that looks like we are done. Another massive anti climax.
Gav
Championship

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies