Alex Neil

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Alex Neil

Postby Red_star » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Gutted like everyone else, but wish him well with Norwich. Great servant for the club over the years as player and manager.

Speaking to a couple of the guys at work about who we should be looking for as a replacement. Would it be someone internal or external. Few names banded about as a joke, but when we thought about it seriously, it should be someone internal (Canning) or external who know the club well (Big Marko) or even the dream team of Canning and Big Marko together.

I may be wrong, but due to the football philosophy the club have, with all the teams playing the same way, why would they want to bring in someone who doesn't know how the teams play and try to change the first team to a different style of play?
Red_star
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Red_star wrote:Gutted like everyone else, but wish him well with Norwich. Great servant for the club over the years as player and manager.

Speaking to a couple of the guys at work about who we should be looking for as a replacement. Would it be someone internal or external. Few names banded about as a joke, but when we thought about it seriously, it should be someone internal (Canning) or external who know the club well (Big Marko) or even the dream team of Canning and Big Marko together.

I may be wrong, but due to the football philosophy the club have, with all the teams playing the same way, why would they want to bring in someone who doesn't know how the teams play and try to change the first team to a different style of play?

It is really imperative that the new man is an insider for the reasons you give above.

I don't see why Marko should be brought back - Canning, McAvoy or anyone else inside please.

When momentum is going for you change as little as possible. If we were struggling badly then perhaps a new man.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:55 pm

in honour of Alex how about a minutes standing ovation for him throughout the tenth minute regardless of what's happening on the pitch on Monday night. With it being televised it'll hopefully show everyone how grateful we are to have had Alex for ten years and to publicly say thanks and best wishes from all Accies fans. It's the very least he deserves for everything he's done for the club on the pitch and behind the scenes.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Don van Vliet » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:17 pm

And the club website confirms that the deal has been done.

Good luck, Sir Alex, I hope the move is a good one for you.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Birf » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:44 pm

If he is going as a player then he won't be worth very much at all given his age and history etc. This may be a way for Norwich to get Alex on the cheap I reckon.

We have to think about who the next manager is going to be. We so desperately need continuity here.
Birf
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:35 pm

We just need to hope he doesn't come back fro Frankie or Martin C to assist him.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:18 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:We just need to hope he doesn't come back fro Frankie or Martin C to assist him.

He knows the squad inside out. Right down through the youths, I wouldn't surprise me if he thinks about trying to get some of the young players for the future.

On another note, it seems good links have formed between the clubs so with any luck we'll get some of their promising players on loan in the future.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:37 am

David macK just on radio Scotland saying he would expect Frankie to go as well but maybe not immediately and only if it suits him.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:09 pm

That's the appointment confirmed on the Norwich twitter account.
All the best to Alex, it's been a blast
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Colombian Boffin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:18 pm

Gilbaldo wrote:That's the appointment confirmed on the Norwich twitter account.

Indeed it has. Unforgettable.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:21 pm

Yes, well done Alex and the best of luck at Norwich.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Beastie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Colombian Boffin wrote:
Gilbaldo wrote:That's the appointment confirmed on the Norwich twitter account.

Indeed it has. Unforgettable.

Once we've got over this we'll look back on 2014 as probably the greatest year ever in Accies history.
Wish it had gone on for longer but they can never take it away from us.
Let's just hope that the squad he built can live up to the reputation they've built...3 points on Monday night please!
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:54 pm

All the very best for the future Alex, thanks for everything. An Accies legend now and always.

Hope to see him back at ndp soon to give him the send off he deserves.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Gilbaldo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:06 pm

Here's an excellent article by Richard Wilson on the BBC website...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30737624
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby NaeVay » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:18 pm

Thanks and well done Alex. I'm disappointed of course but this is well deserved and will serve only to raise the profile of the club further should he do a good job.

I hope we can keep a strong team after January and continue the momentum he has given us. With that and the level footing the board have put us on, I'd love to see us defy expectations yet again to have a successful 2nd half of the season and permanently change the club and folks perception of us for the good.

Best of luck Alex, we'll all be watching with interest.
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby NaeVay » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:33 pm

http://youtu.be/mRwo9r9G3tE

In his first interview on Norwich site, Alex says he would be looking to bring Frankie with him to Carrow Road.
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:58 pm

In his first interview on Norwich site, Alex says he would be looking to bring Frankie with him to Carrow Road.

FFS. It just gets worse Andreu will be next. Now i know how it feels to be asset stripped. Ronnie and les need to move fast to reassure the squad and keep the momentum going. The biggest challenge of their ownership :(
Alfie Olek

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:35 pm

Alex Neil has done a great job.

All the best to him.................again, 3 points on Monday would help to soften the blow.

Frankie is expected to join him at some stage later in the month.

Hope Canning gets a shot at it as I would really hope that this style of play can be continued.................this is what we have to strive for from now on!

Huge games coming up that will shape exactly what we can achieve this season................I've still not given up hope of using my passport in July just yet :lol:
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby H9crx » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:12 pm

package agreed was for Alex and Frankie,away friendly agreed in summer.

Ow and alex said we were 3rd bottom when he took over! Can't get much Closer to relegation than that!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gl536

A good set of questions
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Any idea how much compensation we got ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies