Seaside Leagues

Re: Alex Neil

Postby Gaspode » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:08 pm

Bookies rarely wrong! Bad news if true.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Begs.hafc » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:00 pm

Just been on sky sports news that he's currently in Norwich holding talks!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies Finest Spark » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Club statement to follow

Further to an official approach by Norwich City FC permission was granted for Alex Neil to meet the Norwich board, Alex travelled to Norwich today to view the stadium and training ground, Alex will return tomorrow for a meeting with myself after which a further statement will be made. We are delighted that Alex's acheivements have been recognised by this approach and that our policy of progressing players, staff and managers continues.
Accies Finest Spark
Pub League

Postby leefy118 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:57 pm

Do we get a fee for Neil or any sort of compensation?
leefy118
Pub League

Postby Accies Finest Spark » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:00 pm

Will not be much as his contract is a 1 year rolling deal and would be due to run out on 30/6/2015

If he does go hope the club ensures he can't have a firesale with our players, Can see #22 as a mover down there.
Accies Finest Spark
Pub League

Postby Chase Outlaw » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:01 pm

1/5 now done deal by the look of it.Would be bonkers to turn it down.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby leefy118 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:02 pm

im devastated by this !

thought Europe could have been a true story!!!
leefy118
Pub League

Postby RyanT » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:12 pm

Ugh, was too worried about losing players to even think about losing the manager... This is a shock, but when I think about it, not surprising at all. Can't fault Alex if he takes it, since we all saw Billy miss his shot a few seasons back, and what happened afterwards.

That being said, he's guaranteed stability with the Accies, whereas it will be high demand work at Norwich... I'll be selfish and hope he stays!
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gillies » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:31 pm

I expected clubs looking at the players, but not the boss! It would/will be a massive loss. 3 hopes, he stays until the end of the season or Accies get lots of cash, and lastly Bob.
Gillies
Pub League

Postby Gillies » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:56 pm

Accies Finest Spark wrote:Will not be much as his contract is a 1 year rolling deal and would be due to run out on 30/6/2015

If he does go hope the club ensures he can't have a firesale with our players, Can see #22 as a mover down there.

I have been at Norwich in the last couple of years they have a good youth set up there as well! Thankfully. They won FA youth cup last year beating Chelsea so hopefully they won't take anyone away. Might actually work better giving the relationship for loan deals in the future. Can't believe I am talking as if it is a done deal. We'll see!
Gillies
Pub League

Postby DontsellAndreau » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:00 pm

Has to be said, although this has came out the blue its to be expected he gets offers from down south. He's on course for scottish manager of the year on a shoe string budget, and norwich are 7th in the championship and currently should be higher, after billy reid's disaster after rejecting the swansea job i cant see sir Alex making the same mistake. Selfishly i'm worried that this will affect us signing in january as who would sign for a managerless club? hopefully Ronnie and Les seen this coming and have someone ready to step in, as hardly think many people will jump at the chance, as the only way is down. :cry:
DontsellAndreau
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:42 pm

If he's offered it he has to take it. Might never get the chance again.

As for new boss, Canning partnered with McAvoy, that's if AN doesn't take him with him or Mark McLaughlin returning. Or if we're looking at a current manager, Stevie Aitken is working minor miracles at Stranraer.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:43 pm

The only way I can see him staying is if Norwich choose one of the other candidates. If we lose him I don't think we'll bring someone in to replace him. The club will want a similar character to Alex, someone who knows the ins and outs of the club and how we push on with our youth policy. Martin Canning would be my choice.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bonjella » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:54 pm

Gutted just gutted.......

Football really kick's you in the nuts sometimes.

What's Stuart Taylor up to??????
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:10 pm

I did say yesterday on Pie and Bovril that Ronnie was on the phone in a quiet corner of the stadium last night during the under 20 game and then he called Alex over and was having a further long conversation with him. I hazarded a guess that they were discussing an offer for a player :oops: Anyway I also remember Alex telling Billy he would be daft to turn the Swansea job down and as others have said he has not forgotten what happened. I assume he will be on a 2/3 year contract so even its goes pear shape he has made his money. I really didn’t expect that so soon. Stuart Taylor is a possibility as is the Stranraer manager. Derek Adams was at the game last night. Please NO to that appointment. The next risk is we lose Andreu and Hendrie. Hendries’ position is fixable but Andreu has that spark of creativity that will be very difficult to replace. Alex is quoted as saying that all monies in would go to youth development but losing player and manager I would like to see some cash splashed on a player. Anyway well done Alex, you have brought us great pleasure and success as a player and a manager and will be missed. (assuming its a done deal)
Alfie Olek

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Interesting set up at Norwich in which the manager is part of an executive board that oversees football matters including transfers. Might put a lot of people off. Lets Hope so (I know I’m clutching at straws)

Norwich City football executive board
Manager: Vacant
Chief executive: David McNally
Technical director: Ricky Martin
Head of recruitment and scouting: Barry Simmonds
Alfie Olek

Postby DontsellAndreau » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:Norwich City football executive board
Manager: Vacant
Chief executive: David McNally
Technical director: Ricky Martin
Head of recruitment and scouting: Barry Simmonds

Looked at that myself, would alex be happy to leave and a club where he has free rain over everything, to join a club where he has to get the backing to sign people? either way norwich is a step in the right direction for him, but under those circumstances i would hope he would rather stay and join a club where he makes his own mind up with players etc, history suggests that these clubs part with managers very quickly.
DontsellAndreau
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Latest from the BBC

Norwich City are close to agreeing a deal to make Hamilton Accies' Alex Neil their new manager.
The 33-year-old would be transferred as a player, having been player-boss at New Douglas Park since April 2013.

I wonder if that makes a difference to the compen rather than receiving a few months for his managers salary. If Hendrie is £2 million alex must be at least £5 million ;)
Alfie Olek

Next

Return to The Accies