Petition for referee standards in Scotland

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Petition for referee standards in Scotland

Postby darrenboa » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:07 am

Hi all, new to the forum to share a petition with you. I'm sure we can all agree the standard and performances of referees in Scotland are biased/poor/blatantly wrong. I am registering on all top tier fans forums to share this petition and would be grateful if you could sign and share to get this enough interest for something to be done. A full description is on the petition page. Thank you all

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-footb ... h-football
darrenboa
Pub League

Re: Petition for referee standards in Scotland

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:03 pm

So what are the stats then ?

You can’t want people to sign petitions without giving them something to go on.

I remember seeing a report from the EPL years ago and it detailed penalties etc that the big clubs got compared to the smaller clubs, shitebag mentality from refs that exists up here too but at least give us something to look at and compare.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: Petition for referee standards in Scotland

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:45 pm

I don't agree that refs in Scotland are "biased/poor/blatantly wrong". I think it's more to do with fans' sensitivity to decisions that go against their team, and far greater access to video footage that can call decisions into question - but even on the latter point, fans are too easily convinced by one camera angle that suits their agenda.

I think we have an issue with Scottish refs interpreting the rules differently from the rest of the world - specifically allowing challenges that would be regarded as fouls elsewhere, but that's a whole different argument.

It's a NO from me.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Return to The Accies