Lennon's Post Match Comments

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Lennon's Post Match Comments

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:34 am

I have heard it all now.
I suggest this former thug digs out his dvd archives of his own playing career and remind himself of what a real caveman plays like.
Talk about sour grapes.
Meanwhile on a totally different subject,what a howler by Remi Matthews for Plymouth v Portsmouth.
Lol. :oops:
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Re: Lennon's Post Match Comments

Postby BeeMcphee » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:20 pm

The worst challenge of the match was the tackle from Mcginn on Redmond, two footed and over the ball. Absolute honking challenge and yet only a yellow card??
BeeMcphee
Pub League

Postby Euan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:55 pm

He was a good player, as a hatchet man, so it’s a bit rich calling us hackers.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:24 pm

I actually have nothing against Lennon and thought he was a very effective player and NO player deserves the treatment he got from nutters (except maybe MFC players)
But his post match comments yesterday were a mile out.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:12 am

I think Lennon was a great player. Not a hatchet man, but adept at keeping possession. An asset to every team he played for.

As a manager, he's deplorable - disrespectful of opponents, provocative of opposing fans, and always the centre of every storm. His remarks after our game were typical. I reckon he picked up the "always cheated, never defeated" mentality in Glasgow, but it looks to me like Celtic moved him on because they saw him as an increasing liability. Seriously, Neil - refs favour Hamilton over Hibs?
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:34 pm

He actually made some kind comments in Accies direction just after we gubbed them at Easter Road which surprised me a bit at the time.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:I think Lennon was a great player. Not a hatchet man, but adept at keeping possession. An asset to every team he played for.

As a manager, he's deplorable - disrespectful of opponents, provocative of opposing fans, and always the centre of every storm. His remarks after our game were typical. I reckon he picked up the "always cheated, never defeated" mentality in Glasgow, but it looks to me like Celtic moved him on because they saw him as an increasing liability. Seriously, Neil - refs favour Hamilton over Hibs?

According to the BBC stats we committed 12 fouls all game, a chunk of which were VERY soft *IE backing into players for fouls*
He may have had a shout for a foul with the cross from the right, as I did hold my breath when that happened. The linesman had the perfect view and missed it though, really highlights just how poorly the refereeing standard is in this country.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to The Accies