The 5 team mini league

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

The 5 team mini league

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:05 pm

And we’re top of it.

1/3 of the way through to the split and the bottom 5 with the exception of partick was close to what I thought it would be.

Next 6 games are v top 7 teams so do we do a Levein and shut up shop and try and take a point v Aberdeen and rangers and maybe go for it v hibs hearts and St Johnstone and then sit in v Celtic.

Maybe even nurse guys like templeton and Rojano through these games.

I don’t see the point of key players chasing shadows against teams we wouldn’t be expecting to pick up points from and risking injury for games v the other bottom 5.

Not being defeatist I’m being realistic.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: The 5 team mini league

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:11 am

I'm really confident of taking around 15/21 points from the next 7 games because I think Martin's tactical nous will shine through.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Re: The 5 team mini league

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:I'm really confident of taking around 15/21 points from the next 7 games because I think Martin's tactical nous will shine through.

4 out of 6 from the first 2 of those 7. On course. Hibs at home next.

December is a bit of a fixture pile-up: we've got 7 games in 29 days, and it's the same for all the clubs. We'll have a better idea of how we stand after that lot. But with 14 games played, we're still top of the '5-team mini-league', with the best goal difference. By 24 January, after the mid-season break, we'll have played 22 games and have just 16 left to the end of the season.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Return to The Accies