Tickets for Motherwell

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Tickets for Motherwell

Postby monkeybones » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:48 am

Went down to club this morning to be told I can't get a ticket and will have to take my chances on Saturday where I 'may' be seated next to Motherwell fans. All this as the club are giving away free tickets to spongers that won't turn up anyway.
Crap decision. Just watch for the big empty spaces in the man stand where people don't turn up and a bunch of others can't get in.
Wrong game on wrong day to do this.
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Re: Tickets for Motherwell

Postby aff2rehab » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:51 am

Exactly the same for me this morning, was told I could PATG for the Gazebo!
So there will be big spaces in Main Stand, regular Accies fans that want to buy tickets for the main stand are unable to buy them and can take their chance's with PATG for the Gazebo with no guarantee of entry.
So probably going to be 3 less people there cheering on Accies on Thursday. As takeing the future wife & future father in law to sit in the Gazebo on New Years day isn't going to happen!
Hope all the free groups & season ticket friends keep coming back because the club are doing their best to get rid of existing fans!
aff2rehab
Pub League

Postby Chase Outlaw » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:50 pm

Same here.Just going to stay in and watch dundee derby soccer saturday then the thistle game.At least i can have a drink as i was going to hve to drive to the match as there is no public transport.Hope at least one person with free tickets comes back.But i feel this was just the wrong game.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby WAC » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:05 pm

Cant fault the club for trying to get extra people along to games, Imo they should have put youth groups in the gazeebo, however it is what it is, and I will be in the gazeebo supporting the team, I suspect most accies fans who normally pay in will be doing the same, however those who don't I'm sure you will have you're reasons.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:44 pm

Get in there. A game on New Year's Day v Motherwell and we have both sides of the ground - fantastic!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:48 pm

there was problems for the Aberdeen game, sell out with plenty of empty seats. its a fantastic gesture by the club and most of our regulars should be able to get a freebie and its likely the gazebo will not be sold out. some folk will look for any excuse to not turn up these days :(
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:18 pm

Understand both sides of this debate. Normal PATG supporters feel aggrieved at not being able to turn up as usual and get-in, AND the Club wanting to pick up as many neutrals/swithering Sevco disillusioned to start supporting their local team who are playing excellent passing football.

Did anyone at the Club not consider offering/issuing a paper voucher at the last home game to Home supporters for the forthcoming New Year Derby Day fixture? This would then have been required to be redeemed on or before a specific date, prior to the issue of free tickets to non-regulars. In that way regular PAYG had the chance to secure a ticket in advance for the game in the Main Stand.

I can see the commercial reasons to attract 'new' supporters at a Derby Game when many are on holiday anyway, but I suspect that there WILL be gaps in the Main Stand despite the 'offer', if the weather is bad/ stomach upset/ sore head etc. etc.

After all, I get a ticket thingy after paying-ni at the gate for a Cup-Tie, which entitles me to nothing after I have paid, so it should not be difficult to do the same thing IN ADVANCE for games where the Club is intending flooding the area with freebies, and possibly discouraging our core PAYG support.

A Season Ticket is, of course, the answer, but I do understand that many cannot meet the cost in one go. Some Club's do offer two or three part payments before the season starts.... As a Community Club can we not, for the relatively small number of persons affected???
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:30 pm

There are many good points made in this thread....

....I would think a voucher mentioned by Porcupine would be best.

In addition, why don't the club place the freebies (youth club etc) in the gazebo.....sorry, East Stand......first, then main stand second......

Or, make sure they know which section to go into.....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:36 pm

As the club has done this before I would have hoped lessons would have been learned but apparently not. By all means give out tickets to community groups a worthwhile initiative but set aside the gazebo for them. It holds 500 i think? If the last time was anything to go by the complementaries were not all used and there were plenty of empty seats. As for extra tickets for season ticket holders, the club must know what the maximum take up could be therefore how many main stands seats would be left. They must also know how many accies fans usually PATG. Allowing maybe for an extra few turning up for an attractive fixture surely there would have been room in the main stand for those paying for the privilege. Its not exactly rocket science and I think thats whats ticking some fans off. Everyone could have been accommodated happily. :oops:
Alfie Olek

Postby Chase Outlaw » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:26 pm

The weather it seems is going to make the spaces in the main stand plentiful.Not a day to pay 22 notes to sit in the gazebo defo will give this a miss.Shame see you Sunday @ Perth.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:20 pm

Chase Outlaw wrote:The weather it seems is going to make the spaces in the main stand plentiful.Not a day to pay 22 notes to sit in the gazebo defo will give this a miss.Shame see you Sunday @ Perth.

Away you go! New Year's Day v Motherwell - the gazebo is dry and near the action. Do you just want to make a point by not going?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Also - just go to the Tap Room, Vaults or Tassie and you'll get a freebie
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:43 pm

I was down @ the stadium to BUY a ticket on Tuesday was told to turn up and pay to go into the gazebo.Not a chance when there will be 500+ empty seats in the main stand,(with as you say tickets in the local pubs unused).The gazebo will not be dry today.I have already stated on this thread that if the club gain 1 fan from today it would be excellent.I will still b at perth on sunday and at ndp a week on monday.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:41 pm

Gazebo unused. Looks like everyone accommodated in Main Stand. Lots of empty seats. Those who missed this one, missed a cracker. Best result against the Well for at least 70 years :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:17 am

porcupine wrote:Gazebo unused. Looks like everyone accommodated in Main Stand. Lots of empty seats. Those who missed this one, missed a cracker. Best result against the Well for at least 70 years :D

80 :D
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Return to The Accies