Accies .V. Celtic - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Celtic - MATCH THREAD

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:06 pm

How embarrassing was that fucking goal music after we scored?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:41 am

In an ideal world we'd pack NDP to capacity with ACCIES fans and make no tickets available to both sides of the freakshow that is the OLD FIRM.
Same would apply to the unwashed manky mob from North Lanarkshire.
FTW.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:58 am

Amazing what a bit of confidence can do for you 12-1 Accies wow I'll have a tenner on that due to our great start , however all positive thoughts that we could take something from Celtic blown to bits in 45 minutes. Let's face it they are a good team and will again win this league but let's keep getting behind the team and move on to the next game , Hearts are a beatable proposition especially as Levein will probably play with no strikers ;)

All the complaints about Celtic fans being in the home end etc. are valid but until our fan base increases to the point that we can fill the main stand it's always going to happen as much as I hate it. It's always been that way and always will be unfortunately.

As for stewarding , would anybody here do their job?

Let's try and put this defeat behind us and also all the other side show distractions and get behind the team , the liaison officer has said he will look into the complain ts. Let's not lose the recent good feelings and move on with a result against the Jambos.

It would be nice to get a real update on Rojano the last comment was that we were hoping to have everything in place prior to Celtic game but obviously that didn't happen.

Upwards and Onwards!!!
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:16 am

Great post, Stodmeister.

Three tricky games coming up, but all "easier" than Celtic. Let's keep the confidence and see what we can do.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Would anyone on here not buy a ticket in the home end if accies' section was sold out (extremely unlikely scenario although we did sell out the EK away allocation). I know I would and have done this loads of times with Scotland- therefore no complaints about some of them in our end (there is a way to do it right enough- being respectful off the situation you are in). You don't do 'the Lennon' to the home fans. As for the game - beaten by the better team however it is much more crucial to get something next week.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:22 pm

Game was lost when the team was announced.Playing the two slowcoaches together against fast,nimble footed attackers was a disaster waiting to happen...you play one,not both and you play Gogic who would have stopped two of those goals.

Boyd and Crawford were like wee boys v men,but they were not the biggest culprits on the night.The Captain continued his disappointing start to the season and cost the fourth goal by losing possession when he looked knackered.

Bingham got a lot of stick,but the guy had an impossible task and he is not a holding the ball up type forward-not his natural game.

Bringing on The Road Runner rather than Templeton looked another strange substitution.

We need to stop pandering to the Old Firm,their fans and this "my real team" mentality prevalent at all levels of the club witnessed by that boot room picture with a Celtic mug in the background.How unprofessional is that?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Bluesy wrote:Would anyone on here not buy a ticket in the home end if accies' section was sold out (extremely unlikely scenario although we did sell out the EK away allocation). I know I would and have done this loads of times with Scotland- therefore no complaints about some of them in our end (there is a way to do it right enough- being respectful off the situation you are in). You don't do 'the Lennon' to the home fans. As for the game - beaten by the better team however it is much more crucial to get something next week.

If you go in the opposite end from the team you're supporting, you shut up. Singing songs and cheering when you score is stupid and they're lucky we're such a lovely bunch :oops:
I doubt I'll go to the Rangers game now, knowing it'll be the exact same.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:35 am

accies1874 wrote:
Bluesy wrote:Would anyone on here not buy a ticket in the home end if accies' section was sold out (extremely unlikely scenario although we did sell out the EK away allocation). I know I would and have done this loads of times with Scotland- therefore no complaints about some of them in our end (there is a way to do it right enough- being respectful off the situation you are in). You don't do 'the Lennon' to the home fans. As for the game - beaten by the better team however it is much more crucial to get something next week.

If you go in the opposite end from the team you're supporting, you shut up. Singing songs and cheering when you score is stupid and they're lucky we're such a lovely bunch :oops:
I doubt I'll go to the Rangers game now, knowing it'll be the exact same.

don't worry they won't have anything to shout or sing about (just like the Dundee Utd fans in our end).
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:15 am

The club as a whole bend over backwards to accommodate the OF fans .

Club put out a statement saying no flags or banners allowed . What happens ? Celtic flags hung behind goals and at front of main stand .
Despite giving CFC fans part of the main stand , there were still more than a few of their fans in amongst the Accies support .

Time the stewards and police started doing their jobs properly and enforce the rules the club have set
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:41 pm

glasgow accie wrote:The club as a whole bend over backwards to accommodate the OF fans .

Club put out a statement saying no flags or banners allowed . What happens ? Celtic flags hung behind goals and at front of main stand .
Despite giving CFC fans part of the main stand , there were still more than a few of their fans in amongst the Accies support .

Time the stewards and police started doing their jobs properly and enforce the rules the club have set

Your last paragraph has been the main point of my email today, if we are to ensure the safety of all then those who have purchased home end tickets but turn up in opposition colours must be refused entry, if they are saw to celebrate etc then again they must be ejected.

In terms of banners I'm at odds as to why it was put out as no banners as info was that it was no excessive banners i.e. Crowd surfing or blocking walkways/stairwells etc or hanging in the middle section of north stand over the new disabled shelter.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Cheers Sean ....

Hopefully the club will act accordingly .

Fights breaking out between opposition fans is a real possibility ....and it would be the club / police / stewards to blame .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Well, that wasn't the most fun night I've had.

I think most people have covered the points of pandering to the old firm. I was not one having a go at the stewards, as at the end of the day they were taking instructions from their supervisor via headset, who took around 40 minutes to half do his job. I am fairly sure fans were told they would be ejected if they bought a ticket for the home end and being found to be a celtic fan, instead they were treated to some of the best central seats in the house.
I would also ask, why fans are criminalised for offensive behaviour, yet 4000 celtic fans singing songs about the IRA is not being reported to the SFA?

Anyways, I thought Darian Mackinnon continued his MVP status from last season with running his arse off. Canning's tactics were massively off, Boyd was no match and dwarfed by the centre backs. Neither Skondras or Imrie could be effective on the wing as they were being drawn into the centre due to us being outmanned in midfield.
A 4-5-1 I felt would've provided a better battle in midfield whilst allowing someone to venture forward with Bingham.
Sarris-Mcmann-Tomas ALL looked so out of depth versus a quality attack. They all lack pace but were also outpowered. I thought the likes of Gogic could've done a job as a holding midfielder or centre back for this game to at least give us a chance in catching their pacey attack.
Losing by only 3 goals to the best team in the country is certainly nothing to cry about, it's a shame we didn't bring our best game or tactics.

PS
Why the fuck isn't David Templeton able to play more than 10 minutes?! Impact sub aside, we needed someone with some skill on the wing and he is sitting on the bench twiddling his thumbs.

PPS
Whilst Louis showed GREAT skills against hibernian, he is no striker. He needs to be the support IMO.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Why don't the Club just go the whole hog and make the Stadium away fans only every time we play the Ugly sisters?
Charging them £35 a ticket x 6000 mugs would rake it in and no worries about crowd control, although I suppose you couldn't completely rule out them fighting amongst themselves, it's been known.
The Club could set up a beer tent,big screen and finger buffet for us low priority Accies fans in these instances.
Problem solved!
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby ASAccie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Games like that remind me how much I hate the Old Firm.... half those Celtic fans probably live within 3 miles of NDP - total joke.

I was pretty close to the 'away' support in the home end and there were loads of Celtic fans around me sitting on their hands.

To the game... I thought we we set up incorrectly from the start and should have had Gills on instead of Boyd to give a bit more bite in the middle of the park. That way we could have tried to catch them on the counter. We were too open in the first half and were picked off - Canzo takes the blame for that.

I just hope the players don't take it to heart too much as we are more than capable of beating Hearts this weekend.
ASAccie
Pub League

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:45 am

Had to laugh last night at the shoeing Celtic got from PSG last night, just for all smug glory hunters that think they're knowledgeable about football cause they choose a team based on their 'religion' and not their home town. £30m champions league cash year on year and they can only get in loanees.

It wasn't even men v boys it was men v toddlers.

And as for the fan that invaded the park??? Really??? Not lost a game domestically in 17 months and the dummy comes out cause they go 3 down ??? Just about sums them up. We'd have no fans left if we took it turns to invade the park when we go 3 down.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:15 am

The fan(ny) concerned is from Belfast.
Another person supporting his local team.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:55 pm

AcciesFCSLO wrote:
glasgow accie wrote:The club as a whole bend over backwards to accommodate the OF fans .

Your last paragraph has been the main point of my email today, if we are to ensure the safety of all then those who have purchased home end tickets but turn up in opposition colours must be refused entry, if they are saw to celebrate etc then again they must be ejected.

In terms of banners I'm at odds as to why it was put out as no banners as info was that it was no excessive banners i.e. Crowd surfing or blocking walkways/stairwells etc or hanging in the middle section of north stand over the new disabled shelter.

I must admit I kind of shrugged this off, thinking "that's just what happens".

But events in North London tonight have given me pause for thought. Arsenal fans complaining that people who were obviously Cologne fans were admitted to home sections, and then it all kicked off.

I'm not suggesting we're likely to see scenes on a similar scale, but the safety risks have been put into sharp relief.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:39 pm

It's all Monifeith John's fault if you ask me.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:54 am

Club has released the following statement

http://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/club- ... ticketing/
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:07 pm

AcciesFCSLO wrote:Club has released the following statement

http://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/club- ... ticketing/

Unofficial sources are saying that the Away fans in the Home end were provided with tickets by the aforementioned Commercial Dept and certain individuals they are friendly with.

A tad unwise perhaps to provide tickets to members of the then CSC-Celtic Casuals.Those individuals used to frequently be seen around The Hamilton West area with the local rapscallions in hot pursuit.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives