Postby Admin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:32 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Celtic - MATCH THREAD

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:04 pm

3-0 Accies
Rakish to miss no sitters.
Brenda Rodgered team to get a right good Rodgering before a crowd of 5,379.
FT Old Firm.
Oh,and FTW too.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:13 pm

This is the sort of game any statistician would ignore. We can discount the result on the basis that everyone expects us to lose. And I suspect most of us would take a draw now, if offered.

But I wonder. Celtic haven't lost a league game for about a year and a half, and they've got to lose one sometime. Where likelier than away to opponents they probably underestimate, with nothing immediate at stake? When they haven't been firing on all cylinders? If we can carry the form we showed before the international break into this, if we can carry a bit of luck, and if we can keep a clean sheet for the first half at least - then we have to be in with a chance. It goes without saying we need to defend better. And take whatever chances come our way, because there won't be many. But we know we have the players who can unlock their defence, and it just takes one moment of magic. I wonder if we may sneak it 1-0?

I can't make it. I've never seen us beat Celtic, although we've done so twice in my lifetime. So it would be just my luck to miss a famous victory - and one that would certainly make our SPFL rivals sit up and take notice.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:20 pm

I was in Glasgow when we done the unthinkable. I think we were just destined that day, as they missed plenty of chances including a sitter of a header. If we continue to work quick play on the deck I can see us squeezing a draw. Genuinely hope Donati isn't playing, call it coincidence but he seems to love to play rotten Vs Celtic, almost like he has a tattoo on his chest. ;D
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Donati played very well at Celtic Park in that midweek game,so the above post is a tad out of order.

As for this game,Celtic will juggle their team-but like us have injuries up top- so no need to fear,respect obviously.

However,throughout history Accies have a long tradition of bringing unbeaten runs to an end and this is the chance to do so again.

The paucity of options up front:Bingham perhaps not fully fit a la Templeton,Rojano-quando,quando,quando;Boyd/Templeton/Cunningham-playing well but not out and strikers and the supposedly injured new guy does not make it any easier.

Let's do this,we can do this.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Bring it on.
Accies should treat it like any other match and get right into them.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Moronic post regarding Donati, he's a model pro and as YOH said has played well at parkhead. Don't imagine he'll be anywhere near the starting 11 anyway.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:30 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Donati played very well at Celtic Park in that midweek game,so the above post is a tad out of order.

As for this game,Celtic will juggle their team-but like us have injuries up top- so no need to fear,respect obviously.

However,throughout history Accies have a long tradition of bringing unbeaten runs to an end and this is the chance to do so again.

The paucity of options up front:Bingham perhaps not fully fit a la Templeton,Rojano-quando,quando,quando;Boyd/Templeton/Cunningham-playing well but not out and strikers and the supposedly injured new guy does not make it any easier.

Let's do this,we can do this.

He played well by gifting them a penalty with a lazy tackle and giving them a 5 yard start on any one on ones? Fair enough. I just don't want him in the team with the way they're currently playing. His floating balls aren't needed just yet.
PS I wasn't being serious about him gifting them, jeeeeeez. Lighten up.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:35 pm

I went to Celtic Park 3 years ago expecting us to play well and get a good result, maybe even win.
I wasn't disappointed, it wasn't a fluke result (like Ibrox). We deserved to win and if Louis had passed it would have been 2-0.
We took a really big noisy support that day so I wasn't alone in being optimistic. We'd started the season well, scoring goals and playing with confidence, similar to this season.
They've got a big Champions League game on Tuesday to look forward to and need to avoid further injuries or niggles on our pitch.
They'll play football and allow us to do so too.
Their central defence is a weakness, so if we have a go and press them we should get some chances to score, I think we will.
If we can defend well there's no reason we can't become the first team to beat the Invincibles. I'm going with confidence and expect at least a point.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:42 pm

If we can get Rojano involved from the off then we can punish their suspect defence.
Play Rojano as a false number 9 playing off Rakish or else the lone striker role in a 4/5/1.
Ooops.Silly me.
We have no Rojano.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Had a few messages from our fans looking for Tickets for this.Seems to be quite a few non Season Ticket holders missing out while there will be the usual local glory hunters in attendance.Add in the free Season Books which are never utilised,then we need to start thinking outside the box on this perhaps.

Maybe some sort of Membership Scheme or something similar?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Tried to buy a ticket for a friend, but the game is sold out.
I mentioned that I know for definite that the seat beside me will be free as the person I usually sit with can't make it, but was told they can't sell me an empty seat as it's officially allocated even though it'll be empty. A H&S issue.
I understand the logic but it's a pity there are Accies fans wanting to go who can't get in when there'll be loads of empty seats in a sold out stadium.
Perhaps a system where season book holders were emailed to ask if they'd be going once the stadium is sold out and those responding "no" could have their seats resold.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:02 am

Don't see how that could work, I'd be quite annoyed even getting an email like that tbh. you pay for your 16+ games with a season ticket whether you go or not.

ETA you also expect a club that can't even take card payments for a season book to be able to competently execute something like that
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:04 pm

Feck that pish.
How the hell could I have actually fancied us to get a result?
Could have been double figures in the first half alone and if it wasn't for Brenda Rodgered feeling sorry for us it would have been a calculator job.
Talk about rolling over and getting your Timmies,sorry Tummies tickled Accies ffs.
Thought Rojano was excellent tonight.
Canning Out.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:25 am

That was a lesson in how to impose yourself.
Heard Canning interviewed and he said "we tried to have a go at first, which was a mistake. Second half we tightened up and held them to 1-1"...which was better but the game was lost.
Hopefully we learn from it and take points from the next few easier home games against Hearts, Rangers and Motherwell.
Euan
Premiership

Postby WAC » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Disgusting . Celtic fans everywhere and the stewards / police do nothing . Fuck the regime
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Results today were quite kind to us. Obviously everyone below us couldn't lose, but Kilmarnock and Dundee both did. And the draw between Ross County and Partick suited us. It all means that after five games we have a six-point cushion over the bottom three, despite suffering a heavy defeat.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:01 pm

WAC wrote: Celtic fans everywhere and the stewards / police do nothing

There was a steamin drunk guy outside who told the turnstile steward "a want in a sellick end but ma tickets fur here, whit can a dae ?"
She replied "hold on I'll check" then shouted her colleague over.
2 minutes later him and his pal were coming up the stairs, then sat around seats H155/6.
When Celtic scored they both stood up and cheered then left indiscreetly, obviously to try and get into the Celtic end.
Shouldn't have been allowed in as they had admitted to the stewards outside the ground that they had tickets for the wrong end.
The club had their money anyway and should just have told them to f**k off, as it's their own fault for buying the wrong tickets....but no they're just sent in anyway.
What do the stewards actually do??
Euan
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Euan wrote:
WAC wrote: Celtic fans everywhere and the stewards / police do nothing

There was a steamin drunk guy outside who told the turnstile steward "a want in a sellick end but ma tickets fur here, whit can a dae ?"
She replied "hold on I'll check" then shouted her colleague over.
2 minutes later him and his pal were coming up the stairs, then sat around seats H155/6.
When Celtic scored they both stood up and cheered then left indiscreetly, obviously to try and get into the Celtic end.
Shouldn't have been allowed in as they had admitted to the stewards outside the ground that they had tickets for the wrong end.
The club had their money anyway and should just have told them to f**k off, as it's their own fault for buying the wrong tickets....but no they're just sent in anyway.
What do the stewards actually do??

Concerning to hear this, I've had a couple of emails already regarding stewarding issues if anyone else wishes to send more in to please do so sean@acciesfc.co.uk

It's something I will be raising with the club on Monday, There were a few who were ejected 2 of which were close to me celebrating at first goal but it seems that there is a number of issues occurring that we can and need to attempt to prevent.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby rubenthedog » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:02 pm

best way to prevent it is keep the home stand for home fans, there is always an uneasy atmosphere when the old firm fans are allow in.

I don't bring my kids to these games for that reason
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives