U20's tonight v st Johnstone 2-2

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

U20's tonight v st Johnstone 2-2

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Stole a point tonight v the saints and that was with gogic Lyon gillespie and templeton all playing 90 minutes.

0-0 at half time with very few chances and none of those 4 mentioned above imposing themselves on the game. Saints 2 up early in the 2nd half with accies keeper making plenty saves. 2 late goals by accies salvaged a point and could've won it.

Canning sat in the dug out all game but only came out once in the first half to give Gillespie a roasting to get on the ball and rightly so. Him and Lyon sat in the middle and they should've been more dominant in dictating the play if they're looking for a first team place.

Templeton also should've been running them ragged up top but a couple of 25 yard efforts was all he could muster. I was wondering why he's hardly featured so far this season but based on this then maybe he's not showing it in training.

The wee left back McCann looks promising
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: U20's tonight v st Johnstone 2-2

Postby WAC » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:30 pm

They have no chance of getting into a winning team if that's their attitude
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Colombian Boffin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:24 pm

That saddens me about Templeton in particular, as he has huge talent. If fit AND motivated, he really could help us. What a waste if his attitude isn't there?
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby Neilhoodwasmyhero » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Fair assessment by Big Wurzil. I thought Lewis Smith looks a really good prospect too. We only really came to life in the last ten minutes and could indeed have won it. Might be coincidence but this seemed to coincide with Gillespie getting in to the game a bit more.
Also, have the under 20's either "retired" the number 11, or has Wee Danny lost the shirt? :D

And Finally: More of these 6.00pm games please, it means that I can get the last bus back to Dumfries!
Neilhoodwasmyhero
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies