The Young Team

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

The Young Team

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:47 pm

As an Auld guy looking in I thought they were brilliant yesterday all throughout the game and put to shame they're embarrassing effort high up in their north stand.

Constant drumming and the ' let's all do the Lenny' was superb.

Anyone know what happened to the guy who managed to break the stewards and get on top the players for the 2nd?
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: The Young Team

Postby Gav » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:29 pm

Agreed 100%. The guys were excellent yesterday.
Gav
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:18 am

He got his details taken and let out. No problems it seems, and he was just unlucky given how many were over the barrier :lol:
It's great seeing some positivity about them on here! Really thought the atmosphere was great and it was a party mood pretty much all game. After the first went in I don't think it was quiet for the rest of the game.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:27 am

Atmosphere was good Saturday with even The Werther Originals joining in.

Only problem for me with the young team is they seem down numbers wise this season-hopefully good results/performances can get more of them, plus Section A regulars of a few seasons ago back in the fold...all welcome and needed.

FWIW, the "This is how it feels to be Accies,This is how it feels to be small,We've got two stands and a gaze...bo" song sums up Accies perfectly:a GIRUY to all our many critics Online and in the Media who constantly harp on about our ground/pitch/attendances/away support numbers etc etc.

Get it right up them indeed.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby NaeVay » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:53 pm

I know it's been about for a while but the two stands and a gazebo song is brilliant! :lol:
Great to see the Section A boys back in full voice!... And more importantly the rest of the crowd joining in too.
Amazing what a bit of positivity can do!
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby Begs.hafc » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Hopefully they turn out in good numbers on Saturday,the team deserves it,and it could possibly make the difference!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby ASAccie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Agreed - we really need everyone behind the team on Saturday. Putting 9 points between us and the likes of Dundee/Killie would be excellent and could be the difference this season. We tend to start well then tail off after Christmas!

FWIW I really enjoy the atmosphere created by Section A - its a shame it doesn't seem to transfer to the rest of the crowd at NDP... starts off well but by the time it reaches me (behind the away dugout) any singing usually dies out!

I think the issue a lot of folk have is the stories/rumours about trouble after some games which (allegedly) involves the guys who are usually in Section A
ASAccie
Pub League

Postby glasgow accie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:22 pm

Why shoud that stop fok joining in the singing ?

Rumours of alleged trouble ..... :lol:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby NaeVay » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:22 pm

I think the truth is that sadly some folk would rather scream abuse at the players, even when we're winning than join in the singing.

There's a few auld yins in the Sainsbury’s end roar like a bull every game, could do with checking their blood pressure.
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:37 pm

^^^ THIS ^^^
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Return to The Accies