Albion Rovers .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Albion Rovers .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Still doesn't make it any more palatable conceding four goals to a side in that League-never mind a hat trick from a striker at that level.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:18 pm

WAC wrote:Many accies were there in the crowd of 497 ?? Massive improvement needed to even beat stenny . Out of the cup , pumped of Aberdeen and still no strikers , start of the season looks very gloom indeed .

The board need to back their manager otherwise the fans will be on the players back within 2 games of the season .

We do have strikers, just not ones who are seemingly gonna get us 15-20 per season. Tierney looked pretty dreadful. Rakish when he came on had an impact and some cute dribbling led to him being taken out.

Makeshift defence or not, that was an abomination.
Want could maybe get a gig as a striker, but certainly cannot cope with a man running at him with the ball. Despite a brilliant goal, Massimo being lazy leads to yet another easy goal gifted from himself. Whilst he certainly looked keen to impress and was always looking for the ball, he is NEVER going to be a centre half. ever.
Ryan Fulton ...Really looks shabby. Woods needs to remain number one, fair play if this is just to give him games in cups.
Skondras was MOTM for me last night, he did a lot of off the ball closing down which often goes unnoticed. Even he was guilty of switching off.
We cannot blame the pitch, as I've seen worse. We can blame the squad put out *as it's potentially what could be fielded in the league this year*

A terribly sloppy game, where a team of semi pros managed to topple full time professionals. If this is the shite performance we go to Aberdeen with, we are gonna need to go north with some pillows for our sore arses.

PS FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK STOP PLAYING DOUGIE FUCKING IMRIE ON THE RIGHT WING.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Is there any league rules regarding the amount of unforced changes you are allowed?

Complete contempt shown to the league cup , Albion Rovers and the other teams in the group .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:02 pm

To paraphrase Martin Canning "disappointing performance and result, but it was another pre-season game to get players ready for the new season"
I tend to agree, use these games as pre-season and take it more seriously once the last 16 starts, assuming we qualify. Being the premier team that should be a given over 4 matches, even with squad players. Players need games to get fit and develop, if these aren't pre-season then we'd have to play some in June to be ready for the league cup groups, which would be ridiculous.
That's why I have never attended a group game, although I would have liked the novelty of EK, but was away that weekend.
Euan
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies