Ali Crawford & Grant Gillespie

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Ali Crawford & Grant Gillespie

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:11 pm

The magician the players call him and agree he once was but the Ali of now is the equivalent of what Billy Reid became. Stale, overcooked what ever you want to call it Ali is 2 seasons by his sell by date. Under Billy and Alex he was a joy to watch, both managers got the very best out him so what has happened in the last year to 18 month's? Is Martin the wrong manager for him? Is he fed up in his current job like we all feel at times? or is he just generally shite? Imo He's accies best player so he's not genuinely shite. Imo Martin is the wrong manager for him because the Ali from the Billy and Alex era he was an attacking midfield player but as of late has been playing too deep. Imo the demise of the magician is all down to Martin Canning and no wonder he looks fed up. Grant Gillespie is another example. Great player under Billy and Alex in the central midfield position but utter shite now playing full back ffs. These 2 guys are in the final year of there contact. If I was Ali or Grant I'd be looking at terminating my contact to resurrect my career. Long story short here is these 2 prospects of a business plan of making money from has been fucked up by Canning.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Re: Ali Crawford & Grant Gillespie

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Very negative BH
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:52 pm

Truth hurts Wurzil.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:05 am

Big Wurzil wrote:Very negative BH

Get your dig BW but do you disagree?
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:18 am

I agree, I posted similar stuff after the ek game and you told me I was being negative.

I guess you think you're being incitive now you've saw it for yourself
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:32 am

Big Wurzil wrote:I agree, I posted similar stuff after the ek game and you told me I was being negative.

I guess you think you're being incitive now you've saw it for yourself

I was ripping the piss and hopefully your not that daft to realise that.

I've seen this total shit couldn't give a toss Ali Crawford since February and it's horrible to see a prominent threat to other teams just down tools. That's just the way it seems.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:20 am

That's the 'Canzo' effect for you.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:18 am

I would play 3 at the back with 4 in midfield. That would leave Ali and Temps playing behind a striker. They wouldnt have any defensive responsibility.

If Gills plays it has to be in midfield although I cant see him getting a game there. Skondras and Lyon are far better options at full back.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:50 am

Ali tends to start and finish a season well, it's the months in between that are the problem. To be fair, he had some good form last autumn - the three free kick goals - but from January till probably the 4-0 Dundee game he was poor. He was our best player in the play off win, so maybe deserves a bit more credit than some are prepared to give him. I can't help thinking that he'd benefit from a move. Bradford may have been the perfect fit for him, perhaps McCall might come back for him.

Grant is a midfielder, and on his day a good one but remember his awful game against Killie when he was moved back into midfield from right back? Maybe he was just rusty having hardly played there for months. We need a proper right and left back and we have them in Skondras and McMann but if they are missing it always seems to be Grant who has to cover.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:52 am

Gav wrote:I would play 3 at the back with 4 in midfield. That would leave Ali and Temps playing behind a striker. They wouldnt have any defensive responsibility.

If Gills plays it has to be in midfield although I cant see him getting a game there. Skondras and Lyon are far better options at full back.

If we're to play that way we need to have two incredibly hard-working defensive midfielders to cover. MacKinnon and Docherty would suit it.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:10 am

I would play
Fulton
Gogic, Tomas and Sarris
Skondras, Daz, Doc, Redmond
Ali and Temps
New striker.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:55 pm

Gav wrote:I would play
Fulton
Gogic, Tomas and Sarris
Skondras, Daz, Doc, Redmond
Ali and Temps
New striker.

Why Fulton ahead of Woods? No one knows how good he is yet? A Chesterfield fan on twitter said he was awful but playing in front of one of the worst defences in the league last season I suppose he was bound to have a few howlers. Woods is a class act and has only really thrown one in, the fourth at Hearts, and he'd played a blinder up to that point.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:34 pm

He must have thought he was still at Chesterfield tonight as the guy looked a liability.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:18 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:He must have thought he was still at Chesterfield tonight as the guy looked a liability.

Agreed,he didn't look great, but let's give him a chance to settle in FFS.
Gaspode
Championship

Return to The Accies