Open Training Session & Fans Forum With Martin- 31/07

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Open Training Session & Fans Forum With Martin- 31/07

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:32 am

Big Wurzil wrote:BH you must be great to be around at games, I can just imagine you're constant whining.

We have no atmosphere at games(probably guys like you killed it) and the club are trying to generate something to get the crowd going but you hate it.

I hear eddlewood bowling club are looking for new members :D

Missing my point BW never asked for music to stop just that silly noise to stop. Don't mind entrance music at all been to a few epl grounds and personal favourites of mine is zed cars at Everton and elastica at Sunderland. Gets the whole place rocking even heard u2 at some grounds and generates an great atmosphere. Do you understand where I'm coming from now?

Ps. I'm barred from eddlewood bowling club for hitting the DJ for playing shite music.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:45 am

Big Wurzil wrote:

Great line!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Don van Vliet » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:46 am

Bomber Harris wrote:
Ps. I'm barred from eddlewood bowling club for hitting the DJ for playing shite music.

Great riposte! :D
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:40 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Big Wurzil wrote:BH you must be great to be around at games, I can just imagine you're constant whining.

We have no atmosphere at games(probably guys like you killed it) and the club are trying to generate something to get the crowd going but you hate it.

Missing my point BW never asked for music to stop just that silly noise to stop. Don't mind entrance music at all been to a few epl grounds and personal favourites of mine is zed cars at Everton and elastica at Sunderland. Gets the whole place rocking even heard u2 at some grounds and generates an great atmosphere. Do you understand where I'm coming from now?

Fecking U2 ......I'd do more than hit the DJ !!! :evil:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:40 pm

glasgow accie wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:

Fecking U2 ......I'd do more than hit the DJ !!! :evil:

:lol: :lol:
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:43 pm

While we are at it,what was it with the "twiddley dee,Plastic Paddy" crap at half-time on Saturday.Tis The SuperSeal Stadium-not The SuperSpud Stadium.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby accie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Always think the announcer is doing a Chic Young impersonation.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:15 pm

You sure that wasn't Canning?
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:35 pm

To get this thread back on track, I can't see any "Fans Forum with Martin" ever taking place at all, after that crap display we had at Coatbridge tonight. As a defender, how can MC defend his selection and tactics tonight?

:oops: :oops: :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:59 am

He's got the cold on Monday
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby NaeVay » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:09 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:While we are at it,what was it with the "twiddley dee,Plastic Paddy" crap at half-time on Saturday.Tis The SuperSeal Stadium-not The SuperSpud Stadium.

Haha I arrived about ten to 3, to the strains of "there's a moose loose aboot this hoose" which I thought was a bit weird but did make me laugh!

Thanks for the reply Sean, video upload sounds great!
More announcer interaction with fans would be really good like the ideas you mentioned and as accies1874 said, scores at half time!

I did notice the twitter requests getting played too which is a nice simple way of involving fans so I hope it continues!
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby NaeVay » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:19 am

Sean another brain fart but there's a guy on twitter (maybe here too) @David_Thomson17 who has been making some good wee graphics and gifs for goal flashes and team lineups.

The club is always looking for volunteers so could they maybe reach out to him to help improve our social media output and promotional/marketing activities? If he's willing of course.

He has also designed a couple of non-official merch items for his own use, so may have some good ideas which would sell in the shop!

For the record, I am not on commission for this guy. :lol:
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby David_Thomson17 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:09 pm

Cheers bud, do it for a laugh, always did my head in that it's something we never did, some of the ones on show from teams like falkirk, pars etc are crackers so wanted to get Accies in on it, got a lot of design software on the laptop I use and my mate owns a printing firm so make stuff up all the time, would be brilliant to get Accies to actually use the images instead of retweets, working on some new Goal ones hopefully have for the weekend
David_Thomson17
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:55 pm

David_Thomson17 wrote:Cheers bud, do it for a laugh, always did my head in that it's something we never did, some of the ones on show from teams like falkirk, pars etc are crackers so wanted to get Accies in on it, got a lot of design software on the laptop I use and my mate owns a printing firm so make stuff up all the time, would be brilliant to get Accies to actually use the images instead of retweets, working on some new Goal ones hopefully have for the weekend

Keep up the good work.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby David_Thomson17 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:35 pm

Any ideas or suggestions Fire them over
David_Thomson17
Pub League

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:51 pm

How about a massive banner with a slogan, words highlighted,
Something along the lines of......WHEN THE FCUK ARE WE SIGNING A STRIKER?
Just a thought.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby dafty » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Re: The match announcer. I understand he is partially blind. And perhaps a tad deaf? As for the half-time results, Stan used to bring them to the police box where the mic was, but now it is outside the police window, maybe doesn't want to block their view.I mean, who wants to look at that for a living?
dafty
Pub League

Postby NaeVay » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:20 am

Just to confirm Sean, is this bring recorded for YouTube?
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:49 pm

Excellent event tonight for the few hundred who showed up for training session and then the unlimited access to the players and manager on the pitch after it.

As for the forum with Les and Martin they got an easy time of it. The usual questions about certain signings and who we're after obviously can't get answered as if other teams get wind of who's available then we've lost them. A lot of behind the scenes cloak and dagger stuff dealing with sneaky agents is part of the problem as with players using the club to put themselves in the shop window for greater things.

If anything canning with his answers came out really well as did les on non football related matters to put a lot of points to bed.

We're roughly 100 season books down on last year but those 100 odd renewals won't make a difference to canning as £20000 isn't the difference between him signing or not signing a striker.

Surprisingly I never saw any of the canning out mob there and if they were they shat it to say anything
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby WAC » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:57 am

I am part of the "canning out" mob , however I have came to the conclusion thy it's far too early in the season to judge, however if we come into September adrift already and still no strikers signed questions need asked, looking forward to pittodrie on Sunday . WAH

Couldn't make it tonight as I'm working in south England till Friday .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies