The shape of the season to come

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

The shape of the season to come

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Today's performance. Dreadful or awful, you decide.

It starts from the minute they leave the dressing room and accies players fucking saunter onto the pitch whilst the EK amateurs buzz about sprinting onto the park.

That lackadaisical attitude spills onto the team and you know what it's the same tedious shite we've watched for a while now under canning. No intensity, no bravery to make yourself available for a pass. Nothing nobody looking to go in behind.

Imrie, criminal. He's hardly a league 1 player let alone a premiership player. Captain ?? Really ?

Bingham, criminal. His miss was dreadful, if that's our main man up top then we're doomed. When he came short his touch was awful.

Crawford, criminal. Took 20 minutes in the 2nd half just to get a touch.

Gillespie, criminal. Never a full back right or left but we've all known that for how long?????

Sarris, criminal, how many times is this clown going to climb all over players in the box and make the ref make a decision.

I could go on
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: The shape of the season to come

Postby WAC » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:14 pm

I thought I was critical of the team lol 1st game , bear in mind this is our pre season We badly need 2 strikers in and keeping templeton fit is going to be crucial for us this season .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Sounds like the simple solution here is just to replace the 'manager' with big Wurzil and then we'll be cooking with gas.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Laid-back Accie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:08 am

Big Wurzil wrote:Today's performance. Dreadful or awful, you decide.

It starts from the minute they leave the dressing room and accies players fucking saunter onto the pitch whilst the EK amateurs buzz about sprinting onto the park.

That lackadaisical attitude spills onto the team and you know what it's the same tedious shite we've watched for a while now under canning. No intensity, no bravery to make yourself available for a pass. Nothing nobody looking to go in behind.

Imrie, criminal. He's hardly a league 1 player let alone a premiership player. Captain ?? Really ?

Bingham, criminal. His miss was dreadful, if that's our main man up top then we're doomed. When he came short his touch was awful.

Gillespie, criminal. Never a full back right or left but we've all known that for how long?????

Sarris, criminal, how many times is this clown going to climb all over players in the box and make the ref make a decision.

I could go on

It must be hard for you to get out of bed in the morning.
Laid-back Accie
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Today's performance. Dreadful or awful, you decide.

I could go on

Imrie has the players respect, which means in my eyes he makes a perfect captain. In fairness to Dougie, he is massively one footed yet has been papped back onto the right wing, despite doing some good work late last season when switched to the left.

Sarris played really well I thought, as did Gogic. Sarris pinged at least 3 cracking balls through, was unlucky to score and seems to have dropped some weight and came back in great match fitness.
The Sarris foul was very soft, he leapt up and the player ducked down, causing Sarris to fall on top of him. Literally the same thing happened up the other end and the ref gave nothing.
I will agree that our players have not got the killer instinct. When we went 1 up, they were absolutely ripe for slaughtering, instead they were allowed to get back into it then threaten repeatedly.
Bingham did miss a sitter, but he came close with a header and low shot.
All round it wasn't an impressive performance. It is very early doors though, a physical presence in midfield is needed, along with a striker and a full back, FOR SURE.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Thank you, Judgeflash, for a much more balanced report on the game I saw yesterday.

Maybe the other complainers were still stuck in the clouds of red mist from the smoke bombs. :oops: :oops: :oops: Not smart, or funny, and those wee boys deserve to be punished and banned for that. Hopefully no more repeats of that elsewhere this season.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:01 pm

porcupine wrote:Thank you, Judgeflash, for a much more balanced report on the game I saw yesterday.

Maybe the other complainers were still stuck in the clouds of red mist from the smoke bombs. :oops: :oops: :oops: Not smart, or funny, and those wee boys deserve to be punished and banned for that. Hopefully no more repeats of that elsewhere this season.

No pyro no party.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:48 pm

porcupine wrote:Thank you, Judgeflash, for a much more balanced report on the game I saw yesterday.

Did you say anything at the time to the "wee boys" :roll:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:22 pm

glasgow accie wrote:

Couldn't beathe with the possible toxic fumes, to be honest, and the two police had more authority than me anyway. Moving away was the best option for many of us in that area.

Just the advert neede for safe standing areas in stadiums.......not :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Aye, but did you like them?
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Thought yesterday was a great wee atmosphere and don't even think there was one Canning out chant. Long may it continue over the season.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:16 pm

porcupine wrote:
glasgow accie wrote:

Couldn't beathe with the possible toxic fumes, to be honest, and the two police had more authority than me anyway. Moving away was the best option for many of us in that area.

Just the advert neede for safe standing areas in stadiums.......not :roll: :roll:

Did you complain to the police or a steward ? Or is it just on here you like a moan ..... not condoning the smoke .... never a good idea ... but do something about it at the time . It doesn't do any good complaining on a fans Internet forum .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:32 pm

To be fair, I think it was just the nature of the game. It was a tiny wee stand and it was sold out, so there was always gonna be hassle with other fans. But still, no pyro no party.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:52 pm

I wonder if the Motherwell player on the front page of today's Sun has ever inhaled a pyro?
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Thought yesterday was a great wee atmosphere and don't even think there was one Canning out chant. Long may it continue over the season.

The "Canning Out" shouts started when EK were awarded their penalty kick, i.e. even before it was scored. They pretty much continued until we regained the lead. It wasn't mass chanting, just a couple of guys who wouldn't let it go.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Yeah that's right.
Old Guy from Govanhill was one of them,the same person who was moaning that we only took 4 off Dundee in the vital end of season game at NDP.
Seriously.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:56 am

judgeflash wrote:
Imrie has the players respect, which means in my eyes he makes a perfect captain. In fairness to Dougie, he is massively one footed yet has been papped back onto the right wing, despite doing some good work late last season when switched to the left.

Sarris played really well I thought, as did Gogic. Sarris pinged at least 3 cracking balls through, was unlucky to score and seems to have dropped some weight and came back in great match fitness.
The Sarris foul was very soft, he leapt up and the player ducked down, causing Sarris to fall on top of him. Literally the same thing happened up the other end and the ref gave nothing.
I will agree that our players have not got the killer instinct. When we went 1 up, they were absolutely ripe for slaughtering, instead they were allowed to get back into it then threaten repeatedly.
All round it wasn't an impressive performance. It is very early doors though, a physical presence in midfield is needed, along with a striker and a full back, FOR SURE.

Don't know what game you were watching judge, must've had your vision obscured by those flares. Sarris was a foul all day long both arms round the guys shoulders and climbing up his back. Hardly any complaint from him and the rest of the team tells you. And the one up our wasn't even worth mentioning it was that clear that the player ran into the EK player and hit the deck with his arms flailing in desperation. As for sarris I could've played in there against that mob.

You're forgetting we should've been 2 down with the 2 gifted opportunities after 15 minutes we gave them through poor defending.

Bingham was poor. Had a couple of Sclaffs in the 1st half when through. But as you say badly need a striker.

Qos will be a sterner test. Been watching them training down the palace grounds last few weeks and McFadden has been training with them.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 am

Big Wurzil wrote:
judgeflash wrote:

Don't know what game you were watching judge, must've had your vision obscured by those flares. Sarris was a foul all day long both arms round the guys shoulders and climbing up his back. Hardly any complaint from him and the rest of the team tells you. And the one up our wasn't even worth mentioning it was that clear that the player ran into the EK player and hit the deck with his arms flailing in desperation. As for sarris I could've played in there against that mob.

You're forgetting we should've been 2 down with the 2 gifted opportunities after 15 minutes we gave them through poor defending.

Bingham was poor. Had a couple of Sclaffs in the 1st half when through. But as you say badly need a striker.

Qos will be a sterner test. Been watching them training down the palace grounds last few weeks and McFadden has been training with them.

Can you not just be happy we won ffs :lol: No pleasing some folk on here at time's
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:
judgeflash wrote:

Just because someone *the majority of people* don't agree with you doesn't mean we blame the flares ;)
Imrie is criminal when played on the right hand side, surely you can appreciate how well he played when switched to the left hand side last season.
The people around me and other fans since the game seemed to agree Sarris looked very good. We controlled 70% of the possession and had over 5 times the amount of shots. They threatened with some great chances and whilst we weren't impressive, not the worst I've seen from us.

As you said QOS is a much better test. Competent striker-full back-right wing-strong midfielder are all on my wish list.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:57 pm

So if you weren't at today's game you'd be thinking things would've improved after last weeks dismal performance against an EK team that conceded 5 at home to the rovers.

Sorry to disappoint but it's the same turgid performance. It took redmond and templeton coming on 10/15 mins into the second half for us to have that spark 30 yards out. Up until then it was the same Bingham coming 40 yards away from goal easily marked and the usual away team sitting in with 9 behind the ball defending very easily.

Redmond - seemed to play wherever he saw fit and looked decisive on and off the ball. Must be due a start before Crawford.

Crawford - ineffective from 30 yards out. All his best work was tracking back to half way then pinging a pass out wide to either Mcmann or Gillespie, hardly areas that could hurt them. Bearing in mind he's doing this when we have 5v1/2 at the back, not exactly putting him under pressure.

Gillespie - a very poor standard right back and again don't know what he was thinking at the goal. Did woods shout? Unlikely as the lack of crowd we'd have heard. Either way just clear it but he didn't. Woods didn't cover himself with glory either for the very little he had to deal with today.

Xavier Thomas - looks very dominant in the air as you'd expect at 6'6". Distribution at times could be better but he's rusty but the only corner they got he looked like he was all over their player in the box. A weaker ref may have crumbled.

Gogic - potential midfield holding role in the making
Big Wurzil
Championship

Next

Return to The Accies