East Kilbride .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: East Kilbride .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:05 pm

That Bingham miss is easily the worst ever .Since time began.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Laid-back Accie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:05 am

Amoutahere1874 wrote:That Bingham miss is easily the worst ever .Since time began.

It was some miss. But Andy Ryan's against Falkirk in the Scottish cup from about 3 yards out is still my top.
Laid-back Accie
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:36 am

AcciesFCSLO wrote:
judgeflash wrote:Well that was lucky at the end. We may have had a lot of shots, but we could've really had more had some people pulled the trigger quicker.
We had the vast majority of possession, EK had some absolute gifts from us and luckily they didn't take them or it could have been Annan Part Deux.
Bingham's miss was a howler and all i can do to take some of the heat off him is it was a sort of volley snatched in the air.
Playing Dougie on the right is just fucking more nonsense. Louis, despite his goal was pretty poor and seems to have aged terribly over the years, his pace has left him.
Gogic and Sarris looked outstanding, despite some gifts given to EK. If they had finished their chances they could've had 4.

I'm surprised EK managed to hold under the constant pressure, after their penalty they scarily looked like the team out to win it. If that was against a premier league team, we would have been slaughtered today.

It felt like same old accies at most points during the match, despite multiple holes in the other teams defence, nobody had the balls to run at them down the middle and take a chance.

PS
Saw our new defender TOMAS tonight, he is shorter than Massimo, so I dunno where this 6foot6 nonsense came from. He has a lovely tan though.

That would've been Daniele Giordano the keeper who has been on trial that was with Massimo.

I met Xavier after the match he is definitely 6ft 4+

Glad we got the result today plenty to work on in coming weeks though.

Nope, the player I seen was definitely Tomas. The picture released from the club matches who I seen. I was expecting a monstrous 6 foot 6 but he looked to be shorter than Massimo.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Thought Accies controlled most of the match, created loads of chances in first half but seemed intent on trying to walk the ball in. I know it's early but alarm bells are already ringing re Dougie.....slowed it down every single time he got the ball.

Thought Gogic was great, I think he's going to be a real find.

Bingham...what on earth was that! Strriker(s) required urgently.

Overall a good run out.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:12 pm

Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Is he bigger than Redmond but?
Ftw
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby ASAccie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Thought we controlled the game, barring a few wobbles (including the opening minutes when EKs CF was through on goal and should've scored!). As usual though no players are willing to take an opponent on - too often our players run, encounter a defender, then turn and pass it to someone else! Temps seems to be the only one who takes personal responsibility in that department.

Daft defending from Sarris for their pen - he should know better. Also Bingham should have had one for a shove in the back which we were denied. Less said about his miss the better - he could have headed it, chested it, stuck his ar*e on it, but instead made the wrong call and blasted over.

Standout for me was Gogic - always looks calm and composed on the ball. Daz and Greg ran themselves into the ground in midfield as per - great workrate.

Main issue is we really lack cutting edge in the final third, which is going to cost us this season I think. Agreed with some of the previous comments - we need to take shooting chances when they appear!
ASAccie
Pub League

Postby Gav » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm

judgeflash wrote:
AcciesFCSLO wrote:
judgeflash wrote:Well that was lucky at the end. We may have had a lot of shots, but we could've really had more had some people pulled the trigger quicker.
We had the vast majority of possession, EK had some absolute gifts from us and luckily they didn't take them or it could have been Annan Part Deux.
Bingham's miss was a howler and all i can do to take some of the heat off him is it was a sort of volley snatched in the air.
Playing Dougie on the right is just fucking more nonsense. Louis, despite his goal was pretty poor and seems to have aged terribly over the years, his pace has left him.
Gogic and Sarris looked outstanding, despite some gifts given to EK. If they had finished their chances they could've had 4.

I'm surprised EK managed to hold under the constant pressure, after their penalty they scarily looked like the team out to win it. If that was against a premier league team, we would have been slaughtered today.

It felt like same old accies at most points during the match, despite multiple holes in the other teams defence, nobody had the balls to run at them down the middle and take a chance.

PS
Saw our new defender TOMAS tonight, he is shorter than Massimo, so I dunno where this 6foot6 nonsense came from. He has a lovely tan though.

That would've been Daniele Giordano the keeper who has been on trial that was with Massimo.

I met Xavier after the match he is definitely 6ft 4+

Glad we got the result today plenty to work on in coming weeks though.

Nope, the player I seen was definitely Tomas. The picture released from the club matches who I seen. I was expecting a monstrous 6 foot 6 but he looked to be shorter than Massimo.

I walked past the new guy and Devlin at the gate and he was comfortably taller than Mikey who is also taller than Donati.
Gav
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Nope, the player I seen was definitely Tomas. The picture released from the club matches who I seen. I was expecting a monstrous 6 foot 6 but he looked to be shorter than Massimo.[/quote]

I walked past the new guy and Devlin at the gate and he was comfortably taller than Mikey who is also taller than Donati.[/quote]
both mikey and donati are 6 foot 2
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:42 pm

https://youtu.be/rAYehRBirwU

Highlights here.

So a lowland league team can have twenty minutes of professional highlights with commentary and good graphics for the team lineups but accies struggle to even update the website or promote our season tickets
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:09 am

Cheers for posting R&W.

That bingham miss gets worse every team you see it but to be fair to him he was 6 yards out when I thought he was 4 yards out at the time :o
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:31 am

Red and white hoops wrote:https://youtu.be/rAYehRBirwU

Highlights here.

So a lowland league team can have twenty minutes of professional highlights with commentary and good graphics for the team lineups but accies struggle to even update the website or promote our season tickets

There's also Sons TV (Dumbarton), 36nilTV (Arbroath), Forfar Athletic TV, Montrose FC TV, Hedge TV (Brechin), Ayr United TV, Queen of the South FC, Queens Park (without the apostrophe, standards slipping!), Shire TV (feckin East Stirlingshire), StranraerFCTV, Greenock Morton FC, Clydebank FC, Alloa Athletic FC, Talbot TV (Auchinleck), lokpars (Pollok), Dunfermline Athletic FC, StMirrenFootballClub, Falkirk TV. You get the picture. I even picked a name at random, Carnoustie Panmure. Yep, you guessed it, they have Panmure TV, although it only shows one game but that's one more than us. Accies are a joke.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gav » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:48 pm

BSM media provide highlights for all Linlithgow Rose games.
Gav
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:56 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
Red and white hoops wrote:https://youtu.be/rAYehRBirwU

Highlights here.

There's also Sons TV (Dumbarton), 36nilTV (Arbroath), Forfar Athletic TV, Montrose FC TV, Hedge TV (Brechin), Ayr United TV, Queen of the South FC, Queens Park (without the apostrophe, standards slipping!), Shire TV (feckin East Stirlingshire), StranraerFCTV, Greenock Morton FC, Clydebank FC, Alloa Athletic FC, Talbot TV (Auchinleck), lokpars (Pollok), Dunfermline Athletic FC, StMirrenFootballClub, Falkirk TV. You get the picture. I even picked a name at random, Carnoustie Panmure. Yep, you guessed it, they have Panmure TV, although it only shows one game but that's one more than us. Accies are a joke.

Accies wfc tv also.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Plus - OfficialBRFC (Berwick Rangers), Cowdenbeath Football Club, DiamondsTV (Airdrieonians), Edinburgh City TV, Clyde FC and BlueToonTV (Peterhead). Raith Rovers, Stenhousemuir, East Fife, Elgin City have match highlights only available through their website it seems while Albion Rovers occasionally film games and put it on youtube, once I saw they had even put up an under20s match. Annan have an archive but it seems to have tailed off last season. Still many matches available to view. Dundee United's is through a paywall. Not bothered to check all Premier clubs but of the three lower leagues it seems to be just Stirling Albion that don't bother. Sometimes their games do feature under the SPFL channel. Mind when the club said they couldn't broadcast games because they were league copyright? More bullshit.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:54 pm

I watched Partick vs Accies last season, live from 'abroad' - including live commentary.

Their commentary was miles better than anything the BBC do!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Plus - StRochsJuniors, Larkhall Thistle, lokpars again (Lesmahagow Juniors), and RutherglenGlencairn. Lokpars may be like sineys, who films a lot of junior games to upload on youtube, mainly Glenafton Athletic.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives