Sunday Sportsound BBC Scotland

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Sunday Sportsound BBC Scotland

Postby Yummy Fur » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:24 pm

New season but same old negativity eating away at the club. Little point at trying to appeal to new supporters when a section of fans are determined to talk the club down at every opportunity.

An unprecedented 4th term in the top division to look forward to, a number of talented young players pushing for a 1st team place and in Templeton and Gogic 2 players who with a pre-season under their belt could provide real quality. Resigning Skondras is hopefully a sign of intent too.

Euro trash and posts about Richard Roy (the most written about Accies over the last 12 months) will obviously continue but in amongst a few duds the pedigree of signings at Accies has never been higher.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:in amongst a few duds the pedigree of signings at Accies has never been higher.

Wow. I'm no doom-and-gloomer but that's quite a statement. There's been more than a few duds since the MC era started, and the one player with genuine pedigree we do have (Donati) is knackered and unable to play the position we used him in for half of last season.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:40 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:New season but same old negativity eating away at the club. Little point at trying to appeal to new supporters when a section of fans are determined to talk the club down at every opportunity.

An unprecedented 4th term in the top division to look forward to, a number of talented young players pushing for a 1st team place and in Templeton and Gogic 2 players who with a pre-season under their belt could provide real quality. Resigning Skondras is hopefully a sign of intent too.

Euro trash and posts about Richard Roy (the most written about Accies over the last 12 months) will obviously continue but in amongst a few duds the pedigree of signings at Accies has never been higher.

Another one happy to have his tummy tickled by Les.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:12 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Yummy Fur wrote:New season but same old negativity eating away at the club. Little point at trying to appeal to new supporters when a section of fans are determined to talk the club down at every opportunity.

Another one happy to have his tummy tickled by Les.

This is where we are that anyone who has anything positive to say is having their tummy tickled. Most successful period in the club's history and the lowest season ticket prices in the league to go with it but you would never think it.

Happy to debate any of the points I made in my original post. This isn't wearehamilton, differing viewpoints are allowed.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:28 pm

Right Yummy. I'm a new supporter say and wish to purchase 2 season tickets for my new team so I'll nip down to ndp for 2 tickets. Go into the shop and ask the girl for 2 books which see replys that'll be 360 quid please. Ok that's brilliant here's my card. We don't expect card payments you'll need to go to morrisons for cash. Sorry my limit is 350 so have to go into the bank in town to withdraw then travel back. Sorry stick your books up your arse. What about that FACT Yummy? Not even any notice on the flyers kicking about cash only. We are so far stuck back in time it's unbelievable. How are we ment to attract new fans with all the negatively on here as you put it lol aye that's the problem. The negativity on here as you put it is 99% fact. Would you agree with that Yummy?
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:45 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Right Yummy. I'm a new supporter say and wish to purchase 2 season tickets for my new team so I'll nip down to ndp for 2 tickets. Go into the shop and ask the girl for 2 books which see replys that'll be 360 quid please. Ok that's brilliant here's my card. We don't expect card payments you'll need to go to morrisons for cash. Sorry my limit is 350 so have to go into the bank in town to withdraw then travel back. Sorry stick your books up your arse. What about that FACT Yummy? Not even any notice on the flyers kicking about cash only. We are so far stuck back in time it's unbelievable. How are we ment to attract new fans with all the negatively on here as you put it lol aye that's the problem. The negativity on here as you put it is 99% fact. Would you agree with that Yummy?

I'm not going to defend the indefensible and not having credit card facilities is a nonsense and one that could and should be easily rectified, however does that negate all that is good about the club and make Accies a "pitiful embarrassment of a club" or "a shambles"?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:10 pm

Another graet example is the season ticket price.. For Scottish football this has to be one of the lowest priced of any club and I include clubs in the lower Scotttish divisions. Why are the club not promoting this? If its true and we have only sold under 500 ST that is worse than pathetic

if we want to play with the big boys get into top 6 dare we even dream of Europe the club need to up their game considerably in terms of marketing, merchandise, publicity.

We seem to have got some things right, the youngsters coming through decent teams at youth/under 20 level, we just need to take that leap of faith. I know we will never sign players for money, but there must be hundreds of players who have been freed who would be worth a punt
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Truly Pathetic is not the amount of season tickets we have sold.
Truly Pathetic is the Hamilton Academical policy of consistently pissing off their fans with lack of signings and dialogue.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:22 am

The main problem in a lot of the issues is the lack of P.R.Perhaps instead of appointing Community Outreach worker(s),we could have appointed a Marketing man to up the profile of the club.

This is an issue which has been unresolved from whatever regime has been in charge the last 30 years.Ally Duguid had some success with the leaflets and the young team and others are doing the same now but nowadays most media seems to be Social Media and Accies are nowhere to be seen when it comes to the likes of Facebook.

The nonsense of no card facilities needs to be rectified as well as Online ordering for The Club Shop- for example.Get these basics right and it won't piss off fans.

As for the team,I don't see this season as doom and gloom:Rangers and Aberdeen look guff,while Thistle won't finish as high again.For me,only Killie look to have made half decent signings.Our next door neighbours and the likes of Dundee and Ross County haven't signed any players which worry me.

We have re signed the full back we wanted,Woods is good enough in goals and it is only the lack of strikers which worries me as the young lads like Tierney,Cunningham and Hughes will be a year older and raring to go(they did well in a 5-0 closed doors game last night I hear).

As for Season Tickets,many regulars tend to leave it till nearer the start of the season due to paying for holidays etc.It is those who don't know about the great deal we should be worried about and targeting which harks back to my opening paragraph.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:27 am

Really winds me up when people say a 'section' of our support, which 'section' are you referring too? As far as i can see it's the majority of the support who's getting fed up of our 1990's marketing and wasted wages on your Richard Roys, Niko Sumskys, Omar Diabys etc.

Yummy Fur, social media gives people a voice, if they are not happy with how things are going it's there right to discuss with other supporters. I do agree some people will moan about anything, but its there right to do so. I myself try to be positive but its really hard at points when our season starts in 3 days and there is no sign of kits, signings etc
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:12 am

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:

Really winds me up when people say a 'section' of our support, which 'section' are you referring too? As far as i can see it's the majority of the support who's getting fed up of our 1990's marketing and wasted wages on your Richard Roys, Niko Sumskys, Omar Diabys etc.

Yummy Fur, social media gives people a voice, if they are not happy with how things are going it's there right to discuss with other supporters. I do agree some people will moan about anything, but its there right to do so. I myself try to be positive but its really hard at points when our season starts in 3 days and there is no sign of kits, signings etc

I wasn't referring to any specific "section" I suppose it was just a lazy term to say that it wasn't all Accies fans.

Completely agree that people have the right to moan and complain but there needs to be a balance and some of the language and over the top negativity can only be counter productive.

Every club will sign players that are wasted wages as there is no guarantees in football far less in Scottish football competing directly against an English game where an over the hill JT can earn £4m for a season in the championship or Bournemouth can pay their highest earners £90k per week (this drip feeds down to the level we are looking at players) but Sumsky was 3 seasons ago. Richard Roy was a shocker but in a season where we signed Donati, Templeton, Skondras & Gogic. The level, pedigree and considering wages as a percentage of gate revenue the players Accies have signed and are signing has never been higher.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Begs.hafc » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Well said yummy fur! You're far too sensible and level headed to be on here!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:22 pm

I think we have 2800 seats available for sale so that means 219 ST's sold when Accies tweeted yesterday.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:30 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I think we have 2800 seats available for sale so that means 219 ST's sold when Accies tweeted yesterday.

This makes me really sad. Especially once you take into consideration a large volume of these will be under 16 tickets.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Plenty time for season books to be sold
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:06 pm

I always thought the whole point of season tickets was to give the club funds to keep it ticking over during the close season and ideally give it some funds to buy new players. It's a catch 22 situation with Accies. The fans are saying, with some justification, give us a reason to be excited about the coming season, give us a signing or two or even a strip launch (some clubs do this as the previous season draws to a close) but we've had nothing.

The club is probably saying, what more do you want you ungrateful lot, we've giving you a fourth Premier season and for the second season in a row our ST prices are on a par with League One clubs, why can't you quit moaning and stump up for the club you supposedly love?

Waiting till the last minute to buy a ST or asking for it to be paid in instalments (maybe not this year) defeats the point of it.

Just playing devil's advocate. I can see both sides and have moaned myself about the inactivity.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:14 pm

I was just about to send the post below, but then thought: no I won't, I'll just get abuse for being a happy clapper, or worse. And then I though: soddit, what do I care. It needs to be said.

It's the tone of the debate that I find sickening in here. I agree that the club deserves criticism for some things. But let's just look at how people express it. There's the repeated 'tummy tickling' comment - completely uncalled-for. There's the use of the term 'Clownzo' to refer to a man who was a stalwart of the team that had three seasons in the SPL under Billy Reid and the team that won promotion under Neil. He has been manager of the team for two and a half seasons, remaining in the highest Scottish level. There's lots to criticise about his performance as a manager, but to repeatedly call him a clown is just offensive, as well as flying in the face of the evidence.

I recall following the club in the 1970s when my main memory of the 'support' was old men whose sole reason for being there was to gain pleasure from hurling foul-mouthed abuse at players and the club.

If people don't like something, then call it out as forcefully as you wish but stay realistic.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:29 pm

The 1st have no strips for Saturday :shock: hence the reason we've been playing teams in training kit. Wtf is going on with the commercial dept at that club and for once don't blame Les & co. They just seem to get worse week by week. This could be highly embarrassing on Saturday playing in a national cup game in training kit. From a reliable source they HOPE to have the strips for Saturday :D
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Hear,hear Don.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Don van Vliet wrote:I was just about to send the post below, but then thought: no I won't, I'll just get abuse for being a happy clapper, or worse. And then I though: soddit, what do I care. It needs to be said.

It's the tone of the debate that I find sickening in here. I agree that the club deserves criticism for some things. But let's just look at how people express it. There's the repeated 'tummy tickling' comment - completely uncalled-for. There's the use of the term 'Clownzo' to refer to a man who was a stalwart of the team that had three seasons in the SPL under Billy Reid and the team that won promotion under Neil. He has been manager of the team for two and a half seasons, remaining in the highest Scottish level. There's lots to criticise about his performance as a manager, but to repeatedly call him a clown is just offensive, as well as flying in the face of the evidence.

I recall following the club in the 1970s when my main memory of the 'support' was old men whose sole reason for being there was to gain pleasure from hurling foul-mouthed abuse at players and the club.

If people don't like something, then call it out as forcefully as you wish but stay realistic.

someone call the easily offended cops ffs. Think you need your tummy tickled Don ;)
Bomber Harris
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies