Play-off Final 2nd leg: Inverness v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Play-off Final 2nd leg: Inverness v Accies

Postby Euan » Sun May 19, 2024 8:41 pm

Great to make an immediate return to the Championship.
Really enjoyed the first game live and the two early goals made the second a relaxing watch on TV.
We have the makings of a good squad and should be comfortable next season with a couple of additions.
Impressed with Owens, Smith and O’Hara in particular over these games, but no criticism of anyone involved.
We should try to convince Fulton to stay, he’s our best keeper, much as Lyness was decent in the playoffs.
Hopefully going down last year, which was a disaster at the time, has given us a chance to regroup and rebuild.
Last time we were in this position, we signed Marko and never looked back…here’s hoping Sherif can pull off a similar signing.
Looking forward to next season (it’s been a while since I’ve said that).
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon May 20, 2024 3:23 pm

Terrible 2 day hangover which is only now going away lol.

I have been a critic of The Manager as I still feel we dropped too many points at home but he got everything spot on on Saturday and deserves the credit for doing so.

The Championship is a much of a muchness and with the correct additions, I feel we can easily compete.

For a start, we won’t face many teams with 10 men behind the ball and we can hit sides quick on the counter.

Nothing to fear, so let’s look forward to our 150th season with confidence.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon May 20, 2024 8:23 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Terrible 2 day hangover which is only now going away lol..

:lol: :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun May 26, 2024 3:19 pm

I have been away on holiday so not posted. Sitting here eating a huge piece of humble pie. I am a huge critic of Rankin and did not think he would get us up. Fair do's he did well as did the whole team.

We need to trim the squad however and get in some quality rather than quantity of player
smc4761
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies