PLAYOFF Alloa at Home - Saturday 11 May

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

PLAYOFF Alloa at Home - Saturday 11 May

Postby EarnockAccie » Sat May 11, 2024 8:10 am

Please get down to NDP today to support the Accies! Help Accies get to the play-off final and get back into the Championship!

https://youtu.be/Rmp2VxgIxss?si=e7jGiGgjB3k6wJGN

Please send this to every lapsed Accies fan you know on social media via personal messaging. Be really proactive. Let's get the stand full.

It's easy, cut, paste and send.
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Re: PLAYOFF Alloa at Home - Saturday 11 May

Postby StewartP » Sat May 11, 2024 12:57 pm

Nervy game but Accies win 2-1
StewartP
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:48 pm

half time and its 2-1 Accies, after going behind to an early goal. Scored 2nd just before half time
smc4761
Premiership

Postby AccieDownUnder » Sat May 11, 2024 5:43 pm

Wooow that was a lot more nervy than it needed to be. Rankin is a muppet. I know we’ve just won but the game management against 10 men was ridiculously poor. We looked clueless in that second half and I always felt the equaliser was coming. Hopefully our good players pull us through this despite the man in the dugout. Fantastic weather and day for the football though, thoroughly enjoyed the game!
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby StewartP » Sat May 11, 2024 6:13 pm

I said it would be nervy!

How their free kick never crossed the line I will never know. Seemed to defy the laws of physics.

Stuck at it first half. 2nd half - good finish from Akeem after brilliant play from Smith but the rest was a struggle. You’d never have known they only had 10 men. They were first to lost second balls.

However, we came from behind to win and normally we don’t do that so onwards to Wednesday.
StewartP
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat May 11, 2024 8:09 pm

Winning despite Rankin. Jesus, a three year deal for that Muppet. No wonder we only had 873 there.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat May 11, 2024 8:13 pm

Actually, that was a shocking performance from a team of full-time players against a ten man part-time team.

Championship football?? We're having a laugh, with the management tactics (if any) on this showing. ICT must be pretty dire to end up in the play-offs and only just beating Montrose by one goal over 180 minutes, but we delude ourselves thinking that we can beat them convincingly over two legs with today's starting line-up? No Chance, IMO.

I'd start Connor Murray against Scott Martin any day. Martin is off the pace and gave away too many balls. Neither Barjonas or Williamson produced anything like an acceptable game to be first picks. Rankin must have by now realised that, surely? Even Davidson when he came on, was giving the ball away too many times.

Why can't we start with Owens, Murray, Rose on Wednesday, John?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby manxaccie » Sat May 11, 2024 10:42 pm

Not sure if Caley have any pace upfront, but if they do, we are in trouble with kilday and McGowan. Owens has to start but probably won’t. Where has Hamilton gone?

The Goalie doesn’t exactly inspire confidence either. Is Fulton unavailable because he wouldn’t sign a new contract? So petty of accies if true. Why not use him to get us up and let him go with our best wishes? Typical cutting off our noses to spite our face, assuming rumours are true as he is by far the best keeper we have.

Think barjonas gets a hard time from the fans at times but unsure what Williamson brings to the party. Martin is out of sorts - so where does that leave us in the middle of the park with Davidson out?

Thought lewis smith and Henderson were good today but we reallly lack pace all over the park. Impressed by Alloa actually and Steven and Herherington in particular. If it wasn’t for that red card, they could easily have beaten us today.

We have good passages of play in games and some good players, but still more questions than answers at this stage and way off championship level at present. Nothing too insurmountable if we get it right in the summer. Big if, I know.

Interesting that caley seemed to struggle against Montrose over the piece. Gives us a little hope I suppose……
manxaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:33 am

Has it been confirmed by club that Rankrotten, has been given a new contract. I know there was lots of speculation.

I can only hope that if he has a new contract that it is on condition he takes us up.. Given the absolute shit performance yesterday against a team of part timers with 10 men you could see all over the park who wanted it more.

With Rankrotten in charge we are only going to back to Montrose, Cove, Dumfries again next season as there is no way that muppet with his appaling tactics and strange subs we are going up.

What has Jake Hastie done to annoy Rankrotten that he cannot get a game, and dont get me started on why McGowan is even near the first team squad let alone playing every week
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun May 12, 2024 2:19 pm

smc4761 wrote:Has it been confirmed by club that Rankrotten, has been given a new contract. I know there was lots of speculation.

I can only hope that if he has a new contract that it is on condition he takes us up.. Given the absolute shit performance yesterday against a team of part timers with 10 men you could see all over the park who wanted it more.

With Rankrotten in charge we are only going to back to Montrose, Cove, Dumfries again next season as there is no way that muppet with his appaling tactics and strange subs we are going up.

What has Jake Hastie done to annoy Rankrotten that he cannot get a game, and dont get me started on why McGowan is even near the first team squad let alone playing every week

Every week when the team lines come out, there is a collective groan from the fans as the usual favourites are playing or brought on as Subs before other more capable players.

Ryan Fulton not in the team is the decision of Iceland’s Number One Controller and shows Rankin as another in a long line of Yes men…hence the ridiculous three year deal.

Ryan Fulton was with the fans in The Bay Horse when he should have been on the pitch as should Fergus Owens.

We all know Jamie Hamilton and Fergus Owens are the best combination, so Jamie Hamilton will perhaps be another sadly offski.

I don’t think Inverness are as good as Alloa, so all to play for.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun May 12, 2024 8:06 pm

"Ryan Fulton not in the team is the decision of Iceland’s Number One Controller"
What does this mean? Do you mean Gerry Strain? I don't get the reference.

Previous poster said it was "an absolute shit performance ". Very harsh, Alloa are a good quality side and we were 2-1 up against them before they got a man sent off. We had some good play and good performances.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon May 13, 2024 9:02 pm

You are a clever guy Stevie, join the dots.

Remember why fans were banned and boycotting games as the alias used was uncovered, along with the fictional Employment location.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies