Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:19 pm

Link to the new website

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: New web site

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:12 am

Well, it seems like a big improvement. However, it didn't take them long to mention charity, first sentence. We have a years old and out of focus team group and fixtures for Via Play Cup "to be announced at a later date." The fixtures are out! In fact it took an Accies fan to post them on the club's Twitter. A lot of work still to do.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby niallfraser8 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:02 am

TT, you need to hand it to Mcgowan - It looks like a good website, definitely an improvement on the last one and he has an amazing sense of humour because the website has been donated to Accies from the charities. I got told last night that Mcgowan has a list of a few supporters that'll only comment on the word "charity" and see if we're being 100% honest, he's always been a good landlord. 1st comment on this place is about the charities :)
Lets make sure Acciesworld stays united together and make damn sure we never compliment the man even if it should be complimented, because negativity rules Acciesworld - MCGOWAN OOOOOUTTT
niallfraser8
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:32 pm

How can I put this politely Niall? You're a dick.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:55 pm

^^^ This ^^^
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Euan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:49 pm

niallfraser8 wrote:TT, you need to hand it to Mcgowan - It looks like a good website, definitely an improvement on the last one and he has an amazing sense of humour because the website has been donated to Accies from the charities. I got told last night that Mcgowan has a list of a few supporters that'll only comment on the word "charity" and see if we're being 100% honest, he's always been a good landlord. 1st comment on this place is about the charities :)
Lets make sure Acciesworld stays united together and make damn sure we never compliment the man even if it should be complimented, because negativity rules Acciesworld - MCGOWAN OOOOOUTTT

My first read was you were being sarcastic about McGowan and how despite him being the worst thing to hit Accies since Watson, he pretends to be ‘great’.
I hope I’m right because if you’re not then you are obviously a McGowan plant.
…Good landlord, great sense of humour,…you must be joking right?
Acciesworld needs to remain committed to getting rid of him and his cronies. I’m hoping you meant it.
Euan
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:04 pm

Employee of Hope CBD and former director of said Hope CBD. Fronted George Galloways’ Respect Party political broadcast and makes a bit part appearance in Accies Functions promo video. We must be getting under Mcgoofeys’ skin that he needs to send in one of his acolytes. Or someone has stolen his on line identity in which case I await the forensic examination!
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:51 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:

Employee of Hope CBD and former director of said Hope CBD. Fronted George Galloways’ Respect Party political broadcast and makes a bit part appearance in Accies Functions promo video. We must be getting under Mcgoofeys’ skin that he needs to send in one of his acolytes. Or someone has stolen his on line identity in which case I await the forensic examination!

Oh well he’s serious then :lol:
Euan
Premiership

Postby Working for Cunard » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:30 pm

Shop showing shirts branded ‘Hamilton FC’. Guess football’s no longer academical.

Anyone know of any other club shops that don’t sell the home strip?
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:11 am

TerracingTomas wrote:

He's not an accies fan, so best ignored IMO.

Glad we are getting under his skin, hopefully enough for him to keep his promise and sell :D
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby niallfraser8 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:57 pm

I am who you say I am - I do not hide behind anonymity like others on here do. I am a friend of Colin and proud to be but the purpose of me coming on here was to provide balance to TT's onesided Anti-Mcgowan rhetoric. I can't stand by whilst baseless accusations, hatemongering and basically dragging someone's name through the mud because we had a terrible few seasons. When I arrived at accies I didn't foresee myself becoming a fan but I fell in love with the club after the Uefa Youth League tie at home. The charitable work that Mcgowan has accomplished and continues with is making real differences in peoples lives and that is the simply bottom line for me.
niallfraser8
Pub League

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:14 pm

Oooft …..
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:59 pm

niallfraser8 wrote:I am who you say I am - I do not hide behind anonymity like others on here do. I am a friend of Colin and proud to be but the purpose of me coming on here was to provide balance to TT's onesided Anti-Mcgowan rhetoric. I can't stand by whilst baseless accusations, hatemongering and basically dragging someone's name through the mud because we had a terrible few seasons. When I arrived at accies I didn't foresee myself becoming a fan but I fell in love with the club after the Uefa Youth League tie at home. The charitable work that Mcgowan has accomplished and continues with is making real differences in peoples lives and that is the simply bottom line for me.

Oooh FFS Niall, wake up son and smell the coffee. He nearly destroyed Raith Rovers a while back and has taken the same destructive and reckless actions at our beloved club

Any board that wants to launch unjustified and unfounded accusations against its fan base and generally treat them like shit, its not going to end well is it

If you are a friend of McGowan tell him to get the hell out of our club, dont keep the stadium and devote his time to his pet projects, instead of trying to sell the club to new owners who dont have a cat in hells chance of success as long as he retains the stadium

PS just for the record Terracing Thomas does a great job on here trying to keep McGowan the cowboy in check and holding him to account
smc4761
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:45 am

Good post …. Spot on .
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:31 pm

smc4761 wrote:
niallfraser8 wrote:I am who you say I am - I do not hide behind anonymity like others on here do. I am a friend of Colin and proud to be but the purpose of me coming on here was to provide balance to TT's onesided Anti-Mcgowan rhetoric. I can't stand by whilst baseless accusations, hatemongering and basically dragging someone's name through the mud because we had a terrible few seasons. When I arrived at accies I didn't foresee myself becoming a fan but I fell in love with the club after the Uefa Youth League tie at home. The charitable work that Mcgowan has accomplished and continues with is making real differences in peoples lives and that is the simply bottom line for me.

Oooh FFS Niall, wake up son and smell the coffee. He nearly destroyed Raith Rovers a while back and has taken the same destructive and reckless actions at our beloved club

Any board that wants to launch unjustified and unfounded accusations against its fan base and generally treat them like shit, its not going to end well is it

If you are a friend of McGowan tell him to get the hell out of our club, dont keep the stadium and devote his time to his pet projects, instead of trying to sell the club to new owners who dont have a cat in hells chance of success as long as he retains the stadium

PS just for the record Terracing Thomas does a great job on here trying to keep McGowan the cowboy in check and holding him to account

Spot on.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby niallfraser8 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:44 pm

Destroyed Raithrovers? That’s not the truth - Have TT check the rovers accounts when McGowan arrived and when he left. You’ll find that he saved the club, the figures don’t lie and to suggest otherwise is plain wrong.

TT - doing a good job… surely the only thing that matters is the truth and does anyone seriously think that 10 years in the prem was a fluke?

As for attacks on supporters I tend to agree with you guys - although when someone is being verbally abused and attacked surely they can fire a few back. Such is life.

The stadium, when you buy a house you need to be able to afford it, likewise with a stadium you need to be able afford it. If we can’t afford to buy a striker we certainly can’t afford a stadium.

It’s strange that Mcgowan gets no praise for paying all players and staff for 20 years prompt and on time. This wasn’t the case prior to his arrival I’m told.

I’d like to ask this one question to all supporters out there - am I really the only one that is worried Mcgowan is leaving?
niallfraser8
Pub League

Postby monkeybones » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:40 pm

^^ Yes you are.
It’s not his club, it’s the town of Hamilton’s. Let’s get past this. He has said it’s over for him at Accies, so include the stadium and stop looking at it as a pension plan and inheritance device.
It needs to go back to the club and its new owners.
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beckford » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:15 pm

niallfraser8 wrote:Destroyed Raithrovers? That’s not the truth - Have TT check the rovers accounts when McGowan arrived and when he left. You’ll find that he saved the club, the figures don’t lie and to suggest otherwise is plain wrong.

TT - doing a good job… surely the only thing that matters is the truth and does anyone seriously think that 10 years in the prem was a fluke?

As for attacks on supporters I tend to agree with you guys - although when someone is being verbally abused and attacked surely they can fire a few back. Such is life.

The stadium, when you buy a house you need to be able to afford it, likewise with a stadium you need to be able afford it. If we can’t afford to buy a striker we certainly can’t afford a stadium.

It’s strange that Mcgowan gets no praise for paying all players and staff for 20 years prompt and on time. This wasn’t the case prior to his arrival I’m told.

I’d like to ask this one question to all supporters out there - am I really the only one that is worried Mcgowan is leaving?

Niall, quit while you are behind.

I will echo the views expressed by others in this thread and can assure you, i have been banging on about how he should be no where near this (or any other) club in any capacity from day one. There is good reason why he is hated by Rovers fans!

We have not as you say simply had a few bad seasons, there has been a slow constant decay since his arrival.

In the interest of balance, i would suggest the following arguments as to why I believe he has never been a good land lord.

1. Driving out long term tenants for his own personal non-football related ventures.
2. Failing to provide a fit for purpose club shop / hub / ticket office and replacing what we did have with short term failed business ventures.
3. Creating what is regularly voted as one of the very worst fan experiences in the Scottish league.
4. Failing to maintain the stadium (faded seats, grubby toilets, poor stewarding, etc.) Installing a collection of ramshackle pet projects within the stadium footprint making it look like cross between a travelers site and a reclamation yard, a very professional immage to project !
5.Endless change of "sponsors" and stadium names adding to the amature image.
6. Negative press from questionable business practices (despite the best efforts of one or two press outlets that appear will publish any press release without question)
7.Using the club to promote political views and display millitary propaganda. Politics has no place in a community club, regardless of persuation. It is devisive and will innevitably alienate a sector of our support.
8. Failing to provide a BASIC website for years then expecting praise when it eventually arives.
9.Only appearing to make any effort to promote self interest. Its not the fans that bang on about charity all the time!
10. Having a stadium announcer who is incompetent, who's "glesga banter" is cringeworthy and adds to the shambolic nature of the club
11. Treating life long supporters with total contempt whilst refusing to opperate with transparency and accountability

The list is endless to be honest. I have raised numerous issues with the club over the years and have always been fobbed off with pathetic excuses. Sorry but if you are a suporter of this man you are seen as part of the problem. Your posts here only re-affirm this view!
Last edited by Beckford on Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:32 pm

niallfraser8 wrote:

I reckon you are, but being his friend first, before developing an interest in Accies would colour your opinion of him.
He’s not interested in the football success of Accies as his primary interest, which understandably annoys the fans, who’s primary interest is the football.
Most of the fans would rather he left completely, including the stadium, as we’d be more likely to succeed with a new owner who bought everything and started afresh.
Unlikely to find said person, I know, but we can hope. With McGowan in the background, there’s no hope.
Euan
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:57 am

Well said Beckford, excellent post which I beleive summons up the feelings of around 99% of our ever dwindling fan base.

Niall if you are still there and are a friend of McGowan, perhaps make him aware of the points raised by Beckford
smc4761
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies