Historic Hampden Saturday QP v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Historic Hampden Saturday QP v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:55 pm

Never expected to see Accies play Queens Park at big Hampden again unless we got them in a cup semi final or final (We wish !) so looking forward to this one. I think the last time I witnessed this was a league cup game featuring a very young Ali Crawford. Despite some improvement in performance against Ayr and Dundee and a cup win still not approaching this with confidence but we badly need a league win a draw isn’t good enough. Queens on the other hand have had some cracking results putting 5 past Ayr and 4 past Partick. But they also lost to Cove away 2 nil. They are pulling out the stops for a big home support. All members and S/T holders are getting a bring along a friend ticket and every school in Glasgow can have tickets if they request.

Link to away tickets here

https://tickets.queensparkfc.co.uk/pack ... kvHamilton
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Historic Hampden Saturday QP v Accies

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:14 pm

If you are able to I’d encourage as many as possible to go to this game. It could be a long long time before we get the chance to see accies play at hampden again.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Accieforever » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:55 pm

Glad I've stayed at home to watch the dutch play in the WC
Accieforever
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:04 pm

Bumper crowd next week in the Who Cares Cup. 100 fans tops.

Last eleven league games: W1 D1 L9.
We never had a run like that in the Premier.
Last edited by Stevie Clarke on Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:47 pm

PISH AGAIN
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:39 pm

Well I enjoyed my day out. I approached the game as almost a neutral so I enjoyed seeing Queens Park being back at Hampden and playing Accies. I enjoyed the crowd and the big screens and I enjoyed the quality of the Queens’ goals worth the admission money. As for Accies, well One got his 15 minutes and a couple of the younger boys also got on so a good result for Ronnie and Alan.

What you saw today was the future and the past. Queen’s Park are the future with financial backing, investment in the first team squad, ground development, a youth programme and a commitment to the community. Accies meanwhile are the past, owned by a property developer who has not one but two football clubs as tenants, who hides behind a charity smokescreen and a cardboard cut out Ceo and Chairman. A bunch of “astute businessmen” living off the legacy of MacArthur and McCarthy and however many seasons in the SPL where the name of the game was survival and give yuf a chance. Time to move on the lot of you. Put the stadium and club up for sale as a package and sod off.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:29 pm

Strong words,TT, but possibly now more relevant than ever.

As long as there is an income stream available, or tax breaks for shareholders in the snake of companies involved here, there’s unlikely to be any sell-up, IMO.

The cycle of life goes on, and Accies are well on their way to the dark side of the moon/Lowland League without a real meaningful change.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:44 pm

Shables of a club run by clowns for their own benefit. Its the fans I feel sorry for giving their hard earned to this bunch of cowboys. I thoght the dark days of Watson were behind us but this lot are dragging us down to gutter. This is like watching what happened to Brechin a few years ago

Rankin seriously out of his depth and absolutley clueless. If club had money he would be punted
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:02 am

I refer back to what I’ve said previously. When Rankin came in he spoke about wanting us to be the team he hated coming up against as a player. Hard working, aggressive, in your face, fighting for each other. I’ve not seen any of that since he came in. We are getting cut adrift already. Could be down by January, many believe we already are. I’m hoping for change and serious investment in this awful squad we have just now to give us a chance of staying up. We need good experienced players ready to go now, not another Lucas DeBolle or Jamie Hamilton.

Another point. Loved Daz MacKinnon as a player, one of my favourites at the time but what has he done to be assistant? Two very inexperienced guys together. Dougie Imrie is doing fantastically well at Morton and his assistant is the much experienced Andy Millen. A guy who has been doing it for years. Seen it all done it all. I wonder if things would be different if we had brought in someone similar to assist Rankin. Too late now though.

Time for another fans forum soon? Possibly the ‘only accies’ boys could suggest/ organise/ possibly even host in the function suite. They seemed quite popular and interesting previously but then things were generally going well when they were held.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:25 am

Highlights up already.

https://youtu.be/8K_bVeZ-XSw
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Alan589 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:36 pm

TT is correct. Positives are hard to find in this dismal season.

Strange line up yesterday. First thought must be 'don't concede'.....no idea why JR thought his selection would bear fruit....mental.
Alan589
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:33 pm

Alan589 wrote:TT is correct. Positives are hard to find in this dismal season.

Strange line up yesterday. First thought must be 'don't concede'.....no idea why JR thought his selection would bear fruit....mental.

It's like that every week, three attackers. He doesn't have a clue how to set up a struggling team. The first priority should be the defence. If it was we'd have signed Ambrose. We need to be prepared to concede possession and be difficult to break down. But I can't see him learning.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red_Adair » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:33 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Well I enjoyed my day out. I approached the game as almost a neutral so I enjoyed seeing Queens Park being back at Hampden and playing Accies. I enjoyed the crowd and the big screens and I enjoyed the quality of the Queens’ goals worth the admission money. As for Accies, well One got his 15 minutes and a couple of the younger boys also got on so a good result for Ronnie and Alan.

What you saw today was the future and the past. Queen’s Park are the future with financial backing, investment in the first team squad, ground development, a youth programme and a commitment to the community. Accies meanwhile are the past, owned by a property developer who has not one but two football clubs as tenants, who hides behind a charity smokescreen and a cardboard cut out Ceo and Chairman. A bunch of “astute businessmen” living off the legacy of MacArthur and McCarthy and however many seasons in the SPL where the name of the game was survival and give yuf a chance. Time to move on the lot of you. Put the stadium and club up for sale as a package and sod off.

You'd have thought the "Accies Supporters Association" would be all over this. Anybody know if they died?
Red_Adair
Pub League

Postby EarnockAccie » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:43 am

That’s one for Ruairidh Grenfell.

It’s all been quiet on the ASA front for far too long
with a total lack of communication.

How does membership actually function?
We elected office bearers, a few of them resigned,
and ever since there has been radio silence.

A cosy relationship with Maitland or a can’t be bothered affair it’s all a bit laisse faire. It’s not great considering where we are and the representation we need.

Probably best for everyone to coalesce around HAFSWO.
At least they have their act together.
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Return to The Accies