Accies v Raith

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Raith

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:19 am

After two opening league defeats Raith managed a win over Morton last week so no doubt they will be keen to add to that while we no doubt also want our first win. Chucky confirmed as out for 3 months and while no one seems bothered with Spences’ abscence , the fact he’s having an operation suggests it will be a while before he’s available for selection reducing the squads experience even more. History tells us that we will undoubtably pick up more injures. This has draw written all over it so we will probably win 3 - 0.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Raith

Postby smc4761 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:10 pm

Pretty much our strongest team, less Chucky of course who will be out until near Christmas. No goals , no surprise. The bench was very weak. With injuries and suspensions its gonna get much weaker

For anyone at the game today how was the crowd and how did we play. if you did go to the game I salute you for your dedication and sheer optimism

The board need to get this sorted out before the transfer window shuts, but of course they wont. Let the yoof do their thing
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:21 pm

Crowd of 1548 according to this match report SMC

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... s-27789962
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:56 pm

I was there. Really dreadful, disjointed performance. They were able to waltz through our defence for the first in about thirty seconds. That happened more than once. No midfield. So many misplaced passes. Tiehi had some nice touches on the first half especially but never got one decent ball all afternoon. How Smith starts ahead of Ngandu beats me, Johnny came on and had a cracking shot right away, more than Smith did all day. If heard Mimnaugh played well last week but he was rank today. Fulton, Doyle, Easton and Martin got pass marks.

I've maybe a bit of a cheek saying this, as I've stayed away in the past, but if you want the board to spend money should you not at least go to a few home games? They can't do it with magic beans.

Thought Raith brought well over 400 so surprised to see Accies tweet breakdown 1,548 (360). Think a lot of kids got in for free, if our section was anything to go by.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:54 pm

Garbage! That's the most frustrated I've been in a long while, walking out of a game. I can take a defeat, but there was a lack of effort from us today,which is unacceptable! We deserved absolutely nothing from the game. The only positive today was that the big loan signing up front, looked strong and powerful. Thought the crowd looked half decent today. But won't be encouraged to come back and watch that!!!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:16 pm

I listened to Rankins’ post match interview and he talks about a lack of personality and characters on the pitch. That to me equates with experience. Then he talks about the need to bring in quality signings to push those already on the pitch on. It’s the 20th of August and he has been saying that since June. Maybe he’s trying to put pressure in the Board but the evidence doesn’t point to major signings of the type he’s talking about happening. I don’t think your cheeky Stevie but where’s the money from Ferguson gone? And why all of a sudden is Lewis getting linked with a move. Another firesale transfer?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby manxaccie » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:16 am

First game of the season for me. Pretty poor stuff all round. Fulton kept the score down, could and should have been more.

Defence looked suspect every time they ran at us. I like Martin in midfield but every time he broke forward in space he gave the ball away. Wasn’t the only one but noticed him more than most. Dylan easton was the complete opposite and the kind of player we desperately need.

Tiehi showed some nice touches but starved of any quality. Not a big fan of the right back on that showing and smith was ineffective. Winter showed signs of life, but again, guilty of giving the ball away sloppily.

We are way off the quality required on that showing, and will definitely be fighting at wrong end of table. Hopefully just a one off!
manxaccie
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:29 pm

Decent quality, professionaly shot hightlights of the game from Raith TV. How it should be done, not the amateur pish we come out with.

Defence looked like 4 guys who had only met for first time at 3pm. More holes than Rab C Nesbitt's vest

On that showing we would be lucky to stay in League 1 never mind Championship. Rankin needs help now

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/inde ... /#comments
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Bengee » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:50 am

Could have played until Monday and still not scored. Easy afternoon for RR keeper.
Bengee
Pub League

Return to The Accies