It's Not Just The First Team

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

It's Not Just The First Team

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:05 am

With the first team and the women's team struggling,I thought I would do a bit of reading up on John Rankin and how he is highly rated in youth circles and was doing well at Hearts Under 18s.

Reading that Jambos Kickback and I came across this League table for the Under 18's.A shocking state of affairs:only four goals scored all season and an average of over three a game conceded for an Accies side bottom of the League with ZERO points.

It shows how this guy Cairns has completely ruined the good work of Frankie McAvoy and judging by this,there will not be too many hidden gems amongst this crop.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/ ... d2feef.jpg
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Re: It's Not Just The First Team

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:35 am

On the other hand our B team are top of their league. Although I’m not sure whether that includes a few of the young boys who are part of the first team squad?

https://spfl.co.uk/league/rl1/table
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby wearyelco » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:27 am

CAS Under 18 League – Cormack Park, Aberdeen
19th November 2021
Aberdeen 1 Hamilton Academical 2
Aberdeen were down to 9 men tho
wearyelco
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:22 pm

Doesn't change anything.Still a dreadful record and the calibre of player since Frankie McAvoy left is far inferior to what was there before.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bertiejoejoe » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:48 pm

The under 18s I believe are made up mostly with more than half the squad under 16s! Results had been so poor that they had no option but to put up the young group to get them experience playing against the older boys. Heard that the under 16s are one of the best groups they have had in years!
Bertiejoejoe
Pub League

Postby Bertiejoejoe » Thu May 25, 2023 10:40 am

This post was December 2023, what a massive turnaround, at this point they were bottom of the under 18 league with I think only one game won. This is the majority of the boys who only got put up to the under 18s months before and they had let most of the 04s who were there go. Just shows if you have quality they have a good chance of progressing. Think the staff and boys deserve a lot of credit. Good luck boys on your European journey and keep progressing⚽️
Bertiejoejoe
Pub League

Return to The Accies