SLO

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

SLO

Postby Gav » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:36 pm

Hi guys.
Due to a few communication problems with the club and ASA that I have big issues with I have binned my role as SLO.
I would imagine they will be looking for a replacement shortly.
Gav
Championship

Re: SLO

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:49 pm

I’m sorry to here that Gav. Issues with the club are no surprise. But it’s disappointing as fans at a time like this we aren’t together and I’m not making any judgements re either the SLO’s or ASA. :(
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:06 am

Sorry to see you go Gav, we know you have the best interests of the club at heart, but fully understand why you could not work with the club (McGowan).

Lets be honest the board are not interested in what the fans say, like many other clubs. Having the SLO and the ASA were always going to be a kid on PR exercise
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Top Cross » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:46 am

Not a good sign that Gav has chucked it; if someone who has stepped up to improve communication between all stakeholders says there are fundamental issues communicating with both the club and a fans' trust, it doesn't bode well for the future.

On a related note, the new SLO handbook has just been published by UEFA / SD: https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/026f-13cca3e5461b-a462a58818bb-1000/uefa_practical_guide_to_supporter_liaison.pdf

I didn't realise that having an SLO is a UEFA licensing requirement so should not be seen as a bit of PR fluff by the club but rather a critical function.

If the club actually provided adequate resources for our SLO(s) and paid heed to the guidelines in the handbook (original version was published 10 years ago), there wouldn't be the gaping chasm between the club and fans we have now. Reading the handbook highlights that the role of the SLO is a tough gig and not for the faint-hearted, a point I believe the previous SLO made at the time of the 'election'.

The other thing that leapt out from reading the handbook is the violence prevention / police liaison role of an SLO. How can that be squared with Alan Radcliffe being on the committee?

I didn't cast a vote for either the committee or Sean in the 'election' as it wasn't a transparent and democratic process in my opinion; anyone could easily have rigged the vote if they had the inclination and the ability to set up multiple email accounts and imagine some pseudonyms. I have no objection to the ASA running elections for the role in the future but only once they have a membership and can legitamately be regarded as a voice of the fans and have an auditable one member, one vote election process. If other supporters groups rise in prominance, their members should also be able to vote in any election.

I'll stop there before I go off on another tangent.
Top Cross
Pub League

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:55 pm

Top Cross wrote:The other thing that leapt out from reading the handbook is the violence prevention / police liaison role of an SLO. How can that be squared with Alan Radcliffe being on the committee?

As far as I am aware , the club know about the person you have named above ( quite poor to be having cheap shots IMO ) and didn’t have any objections to him being on the committee.
They still don’t …..
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Gav » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:13 pm

Correct.
Gav
Championship

Postby Top Cross » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:51 pm

glasgow accie wrote:quite poor to be having cheap shots IMO

Apologies, it wasn't intended to be a cheap shot. I don't know the named person and have no axe to grind but genuinely curious if someone with a couple of incidents in their past would have an influence on the SLO Committee's ability to effictively build a relationship with and liaise with the police. I'm guessing that the committee structure would mean that appropriate members would build relationships with different stakeholders so it may not be an issue in practice.
Top Cross
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:13 am

You do realise we are dealing with Owner(s) who have form for issuing threats to fans,being invited in for discussions etc etc...all allegedly of course.

If ever a scenario needed some of our more pugilistic fans,then this is it.When you are dealing with the devil and a poundshop Sopranos ensemble, it is not the place for the meek-however well intentioned they are.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies