Challenge Cup v Killie

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Challenge Cup v Killie

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:39 pm

Full details here

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/match-in ... marnock-2/

£2 cheaper to watch on tv than attend so I’ll be sofa surfing for this one.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Challenge Cup v Killie

Postby Beardy » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:22 am

Undecided about going to this one. Saturday has absolutely scunnered me, the thought of freezing my balls off to watch a toothless, clueless and disappointing accies team get dismantled by yet another team holds little in the way of enticement.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:30 am

The Who Cares Cup. Best thing that could happen would be for Rangers B to win it and kill it off once and for all. But giving Accies money after Saturday? No chance.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:37 pm

Lowest crowd in years I imagine.

Don’t blame anyone for staying away anymore, don’t care much for this cup at the best of times, but asking us to sit through the pish we’ve endured recently on a freezing cold night. No thanks. Doubt I’ll even buy the stream, that’s how scunnered I am. I’ll make do with checking the score at half time and full time. Can’t believe it’s came to this.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:46 pm

I would imagine the crowd figure for this will easily be sub 500 but one thing for sure they will inflate it and hand out the freebies like sweeties.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:39 pm

As someone still angry at watching that "performance" on Saturday, I will not be alone in thinking of giving this a miss and wait till Saturday's important League match.

Mr Process will probably play a stronger team tomorrow even although 100% of the fanbase view The Scottish Cup as more important.

Any victory will be a hollow victory against a Killie side probably with one eye on Friday's match versus Inverness.

Easily our worst home support since the days playing at Cliftonhill incoming.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Gav » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:20 pm

No chance I am going to watch this. Interest level is zero.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:04 pm

He's picked a stronger side tonight than he did for the cup that really matters. Arsehole.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:40 pm

Killie apparently resting a few as they play ICT on Friday night. I’m clutching at straws :|
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:22 pm

Whatever way you dress it up that was another defeat. With 5 minutes to go and 2 - 1 up surely you shut up shop but no, 2 corners and 2 goals for them. As I lost my picture after Chuckle's penalty I have no idea as to the quality of our defending or of their goals. We undoubtedly showed more spirit than at Talbot but all that showed to me was that he should have played the stronger team on Saturday and progressed in the Scottish Cup. Haven’t seen any crowd figures but I reckon around 150 Accies fans and about 450 from Kilmarnock. I hadn’t realised that this game was one of our 2 free ticket games.God help us come Saturday.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:31 pm

TT - to nights games wasn't part of the freebies, its for this Saturday against Dunfermline and then 2weeks after against Kilmarnock again.

As for tonights instalment of how not to play football .... well, <sigh> better than saturday I guess, big Sheena looked as if he felt the loss, everyone else just looked as if it was a normal day at the office, which of course it now is.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:42 pm

Once again a changed defence.
We loose Shaun Want to what looked like a hamstring gone. Sub Stirling's confidence will be at rock bottom being brought on in Want's place for about 15 mins in first half, then subbed at half time. Then we loose Jamie Hamilton with about 10/15 to go.
It's the same old problem after that. We CANNOT defend corner kicks, even with a makeshift defence at 87 minutes. 2-1 up at that point and we loose two identical goals from the same Killy player within 5 minutes.

There's no way of changing our fortune, it seems. We played much better tonight, but lacked a cutting edge on a couple of occasions when we could have scored. A penalty shoot-out was there, but we blew it again.

Stuart Taylor has been dealt the players he inherited, and can do nothing more with them, IMO.

Yogi was there tonight and I suspect he will have Dunfermline looking for corner kicks all day to exploit our weeknesses in that area.

Crowd?? 500 at the most. Unless the figures are massaged by the CEO.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:46 pm

I'm not trying to be smart but why would you trust this shower to put on a watchable feed? I see from various tweets they put up Ayr's badge instead of Killie, pre-match said we were playing Dunfermline, said we were 1-0 up instead of 0-1 down and then just after Killie's winner put up a graphic saying we'd won 3-2! I'm wondering if this is all deliberate to grind us all down. Either that or Frank Spencer is running everything. Such an embarrassment, no wonder the club are reluctant to divulge the crowd. If only 200 turn up on Saturday maybe the media might start asking questions. #Notapennymore
Last edited by Stevie Clarke on Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:50 pm

Thanks Beardy. Got my Killie games mixed up.

A few weeks ago I posted about this book “The Ghosts of Cathkin Park: The Inside Story of Third Lanark's Demise” byMichael McEwen.

There are so many similarities with what’s happening at Hamilton and I genuinely fear for our survival. There is even a bit of me that would rather see Accies demise than live with this shower running the club into the ground for whatever reason.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:02 am

Match report here

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... s-25582418

Looks like Want will be out for Saturday.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:05 am

Saw on social media that the club are refusing refunds for those that missed the last 10 minutes when the camera crapped out - i think that is a fundamental error but clearly indicates where the clubs attitude is at.
We've got your cash and you'll take what you're given
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Billybamz » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:23 am

I had switched off long b4 the camera cut out ..got fed up listening to them talking ..and not commentating on the game..just awfull
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:35 am

You think it ant get any worse and yet somehow the club keep finding ways to sink even lower.

I ended up going tonight. Many more regulars didn’t. Whatever they give the crowd as, I reckon a couple of hundred in the Accies end. Wonder how many paid though. Lots of managers/ representatives of clubs in the middle of the stand who will have been comps.

Utterly shameful. Think that was it for me. Massive game on Saturday and yet I have no motivation whatsoever to attend. Why should I? A shambles from top to bottom.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Dr Slippy » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:47 am

Just listened to Taylor’s post match reaction. What game was he watching - certainly not the same one as the rest of us. This guy is a complete fraud and a charlatan.
He inherited a weak imbalanced squad and has made it infinitely worse. Please leave now and take the embarrassing media guy with you - his “interviews” are nauseating.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:49 am

I wasn't going,but a phone call from a friend who works at Killie behind the scenes(the guy is an Accies fan also) saying he had a freebie changed my mind about going.

We should have won that game-even without the calamity defending at the end.The million dollar man attempting to head a ball less than two feet off the ground leading to a corner and then the winner sums us right up just now.

No other club in Scottish Football would lose a game in such a comical manner.What should have been a boost going into Saturday's vital game has turned into this team losing even more confidence.

Apparently,Taylor is getting a war chest in January for decent signings, but the way we are going it may be too late as it is not inconceivable that we could lose every game until then.

There is no blow too low for all long suffering Accies fans enduring a continuing nightmare which is getting worse by the week.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies