Dunfermline V Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Dunfermline V Accies

Postby smc4761 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:21 am

Worst team in the league, not having won a game for a while come up against Accies. I think we have read this script before.

There is only going to be 1 result and down to bottom of league we go
smc4761
Premiership

Re: Dunfermline V Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:31 am

Essentially a six pointer and we are still in September. After yesterday’s forum I’m beginning to think that further defeats are needed to get the board to take the prospect of relegation seriously. Worst case scenario and we are relegated we could find ourselves cut off from a reformed league that has no room for those in the lower leagues. :oops:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:25 pm

TT you were at the meeting yesterday and thanks for your updates. Reading between the lines and the majority of us have known this for a while, the board are not remotely interested in having a successful team on the park. The first team is a just a play thing/tax avoidance, delete as appropriate, to most of them.

So much for the advantage of having a plastic pitch, we have probably the worst home record of any team in SPFL
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:45 pm

smc4761 wrote:TT you were at the meeting yesterday and thanks for your updates. Reading between the lines and the majority of us have known this for a while, the board are not remotely interested in having a successful team on the park. The first team is a just a play thing/tax avoidance, delete as appropriate, to most of them.

So much for the advantage of having a plastic pitch, we have probably the worst home record of any team in SPFL

I think that's a bit harsh on the board. I didn't get that from TT's notes. I've got my issues with them but if you take a step back, we have, on a good day, 1000 fans with maybe another 1000 or even more that can come out of the woodwork when we're doing well ( remember the great Friday night crowd against Aberdeen when we were the best team in Scotland!) We've just had seven years in the top flight. Look at our opponents yesterday. You could probably add another 1000 to their figures and yet very few of their fans will have seen their side in the Premier. I've seen 12 seasons of Accies against the big boys. Our crappy cup attempts always rankled but I'd rather be us than Ayr or Morton. For a "plaything" they've done alright, notwithstanding losing almost a million to a scammer, a price we're now starting to pay for.

What happens now is where they determine their legacy. I can't blame Oli Shaw for choosing Killie, if we were him and neutral we'd have done the same. But we surely had to get someone in. Trawl the English non-league, it's where Livingston found last week's tormentor Joel Nouble. I see a player scored for Tranmere yesterday that was playing in the eighth tier. We found Mickel Miller and Moyo at around that level, do we continue to have scouts looking there? If we lose the next game and then Inverness, the Friday night appearance on Sportscene could show a very embarrassing crowd.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:03 pm

Yesterday’s home crowd was 939. 5 minutes before kick off the entire row in front of me was empty and my row had another 3 fans. OK as usual a lot of last minuter’s took their seats. But allowing for the free tickets and there seemed to be the usual newbies wandering around looking for seats I reckon there were just over 800 paying fans. Returning to the championship has not seen a reset in support as results/performance have stayed the same We will be done to 700 paying fans soon and falling.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:17 pm

Link to DAFC ticket site.

https://dafc.co.uk/awaytickets/
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:31 pm

Is it just me that can't work out how that works? I click on "Add to basket and go to checkout" and a box comes up saying "Please add quantities to the cart."

Can we still pay at the gate?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:01 pm

Got mine Stevie. Did you click on the box that says NEM at the top of the ground diagram? That brings up an individual seat plan and you choose ur seat, Mind you Im not convinced I’ve got the seat I chose. As far as I am aware there is no PATG.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:05 pm

Match preview from the official DAFC site.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?ID=13344&t ... Academical
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:16 pm

We are in blocks NEM to NES
Choose any of those and as TT says you then get option of selectimg a seat.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:46 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Got mine Stevie. Did you click on the box that says NEM at the top of the ground diagram? That brings up an individual seat plan and you choose ur seat, Mind you Im not convinced I’ve got the seat I chose. As far as I am aware there is no PATG.

Cheers. I'm on a tablet and it's not clear at all.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:00 am

Apparently they announced late in the day last week versus Inverness that away fans could buy tickets on the day without all this Smartphone malarkey.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Gav » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:11 am

Tickets can be bought at turnstyles 16-18 on saturday - cash only.
Gav
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:36 am

Game day and I’m off to support the Accies - fantastic!

I’m obviously worried about the outcome though.

More of the Palmerston and last 25 minutes of Starks park performances (all our points so far) and less of the Gayfield and the Douglas Park under performances please.

Midfield looks our biggest problem and I can’t see a solution on the bench. Would prefer to see Redfern and Smith both to start and take them on. They are shaky at the back but have plenty of firepower (taking PARS fans’ word for that).

One of my best Accies memories was an early 80s game (I think one of the first ever HAFSWO buses) and we were 2-0 down at half time and turned it round for a 2-3 win).

Also the steak bridies are sensational. According to my dad they’ve always sold these and he had his first one in the 1960s.

‘Mon the hoops
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Slightly better I suppose but 3 games without a goal is telling. Need another striker in pronto.
Gav
Championship

Postby Billybamz » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:53 pm

Borefest.need striker pronto..saying that the pars are awful..
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:33 pm

I thought OFW actually saved them at least twice and defensively Want looked good. Can’t see why he took Lewis off for Mcgowan but heh ho another graduate gets his 15 minutes of fame. But as has been highlighted we’re buggered without a striker.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:57 pm

McGowan also came on at Arbroath. Hang on a minute...McGowan....surely not?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 pm

I’d forgotten about Arbroath. As far as I am aware not a relation. Forgot to mention Spence carted off on a stretcher. A bad ankle injury possibly a break Will be out for some time and Want got subbed after an injury. No idea if a reoccurrence of his last one. The squad is getting thinner by the game.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:44 pm

Highlights from ParsTV

https://youtu.be/OvWyRvEe1Vk
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies