Accies v Well

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Well

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:17 pm

Going for the quadruple. Full match shown on Alba at 10.15 pm. They covered the last two games, so maybe a good omen.

Who will play in midfield? I half expected Mimnaugh to start against United but he didn't make the depleted bench so I'm assuming that's another injury worry. Ben Stirling played in midfield in the 3-0 win but that was a weird game where their keeper chucked a couple in. We can't expect that luck again and Kelly has already chucked one in against Killie. Nothing less than a win will do, we have to go for it.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Re: Accies v Well

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:09 pm

With the Well in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final next weekend and safe from relegation, their priority should be that game.

However,they will be smarting after our results against them this season and they won't want a whitewash.

Midfield is a worry for me as is up front.I know Moyo has been less than impressive, but he generally causes them problems,so I would start him against them due to their central defenders struggling against his physical presence.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:41 pm

I've not expected any of our wins against Well this year to be honest but that the Accies thing.

I don't expect anything on Wednesday either so............
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:08 pm

Simply have to win , County and Killie both at home to teams with nothing to play for.
So, even a win wont guarantee we make any ground up, but it will keep us in it for another week.
Fingers crossed, Mon the Accies.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby Euan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:12 pm

Four wins against Motherwell seems very unlikely but here’s hoping.
I’d start Moyo as he seems to play well against them.
With luck St Mirren and Dundee Utd will be attempting to make up for missing out on the top 6 and competing for 7 spot.
It could still go either way but we are running out of games, we need a win and our rivals to lose. Anything else is a disaster.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:23 am

A must win.
County playing a depleted St Mirren and Kilmarnock playing Dundee Utd who aren’t up to much so a must win just to stay in the race.
Obviously we can beat them but we really need to start scoring.
Personally I’d stick with Kyle Munro and Anderson to start but give Moyo at least half an hour.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:39 pm

Ridiculous challenge by Hughes, lucky he never broke the guys leg if he had connected. No need for it either 10 yards inside their half.

0-1

Well done Hughes you fanny
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:44 pm

Games a bogey and off to seaside leagues we go.

A combination of poor defending, injuries and getting men sent off, all season have done us
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:56 pm

Yeah we’ve had it, can’t see us scraping the required points now. Possibly 3 more defeats to finish.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:27 pm

Silly challenge!!! But not a red card.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:47 pm

Hughes got another new contract, didn't he? Add to the Rewarding Failure thread!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:25 pm

Almost the perfect storm. Hughes makes a silly, needless, clumsy, call it what you want challenge. Gives the ref a decision to make and walks. They score a few minutes later and game over. Killie take an early lead and never look like losing and County go one up but get beat comprehensively at the end. Killie are out of it so we are left to close a 4 point gap on County for a play off place. I have a vivid imagination but just can’t see it. Rice says nothing was decided tonight but we would need a huge turnaround in performance and 3 wins to do it assuming County keep losing. Championship Seaside League for us.

Ps Got more pleasure watching Ted Lasso on Apple TV. Comedy about an American football coach hired to manage an English soccer team. Highly recommend it if you have had enough watching the tragedy that is Accies.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:04 pm

As TT has drifted off topic at the end, hers another off topic. I had a good look at Sportscene credits tonight with the Accies as a Premiership Team, possibly formthelastbtime for many years. There are eight cards Alex Neil, James McCarthy, Jose Quitongo, James McArthur, Jamie Farlie, Paul McDonald, John Brogan & Michael Antoine Curier, But is the main player Odoffin?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:07 pm

And meant to say there will be some pleasure in going to many old favourite grounds in the Championship next season, co I don't see us taking enough points off County to make the playoffs.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:22 pm

It's a three point gap TT and we are four goals better off. We have to win our final three, no ifs or buts. One slight positive, our best performances have been on grass and our next two are on grass. Not that I think for a minute that we'll do it.

Porcupine - the very first card you see is John McNaught at the very start. Superb titles and obviously they did a good bit of research into fan's favourites.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:33 pm

Tonight was a disaster,but results elsewhere give us a chance.

Is it highly unlikely- of course but if there is one thing you learn as an Accies fan,it is to never give up until mathematically impossible.

On the plus side,if we miraculously make the Play Offs,we could have Nathan Thomas and Lewis Smith more up to speed and Ogympoe and Scott Martin fit enough for Sub roles.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby FRANCOJOCK » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:18 am

I'm actually writing this as a ' Well fan, but a ' Well fan keen to see the neighbours do their bit for Lanarkshire.
I actually wrote to other ' Well fans saying that I .....for one time only......actually hoped Hamilton would take something from the game...and in truth....( and I hope it doesn't sound patronising) ....you guys DESERVED something, although the sending off was a bullet in yourOWN foot.
I'm not happy of course that 9 of your 27 points to date have been ripped from us, but I definitely wish you guys well ( no pun intended).
It'd be a great thing if our local sides were BOTH in the top flite...but if you DO go down...hurry back...but don't expect us to ' give' you 1/3rd of your points EVERY time.
We're the wee-est teams in the league, and punching above our weight is great for BOTH of us.
Good luck Accies......haste ye back lads !
FRANCOJOCK
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:26 pm

[quote=Porcupine - the very first card you see is John McNaught at the very start. Superb titles and obviously they did a good bit of research into fan's favourites.[/quote]

Are you sure, SC? The player I'm talking about appears before the montage of cards and I don't remember Wurzel whose etnicity appears Black. Could be my memory, or the contrast of my TV, but happy to have it confirmed. Was sure 1st card wa Alex Neil :oops:

Three wins from our next three games??? Sadly, don't see us even making the play-offs.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:38 pm

We have no chance of winning 3 games.
However if we beat Ross County in Dingwall and we both lose our other 2 fixtures, all we need to do is maintain our goal difference advantage.
That is our best hope, that County are actually worse than us and we can fluke one win with our diminished squad.
County go to Tannadice & Fir Park in the other games.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:50 pm

porcupine wrote:[quote=Porcupine - the very first card you see is John McNaught at the very start. Superb titles and obviously they did a good bit of research into fan's favourites.

Are you sure, SC? The player I'm talking about appears before the montage of cards and I don't remember Wurzel whose etnicity appears Black. Could be my memory, or the contrast of my TV, but happy to have it confirmed. Was sure 1st card wa Alex Neil :oops:

Three wins from our next three games??? Sadly, don't see us even making the play-offs.[/quote]

You'll need to pause it literally one second in to see Wurzel, he's the Accies player picked alongside the other club legends like Richard Gough and Paul McStay. The black player in the montage of cards is a bit faded but looks like Brian McPhee to me. The main player is big Marios.

If the team needs inspiration, look at England's League One. Rochdale, Wigan and Wimbledon were all being written off but they've won, respectively, three, four and four in a row.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies