Where will we finish

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Where will we finish

Postby smc4761 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:43 pm

Well 5 games to go and with the way the squad is looking injury wise, IMHO, oor teas oot

Ross 29 points GD - 33

Killie 28 points GD - 14

Accies 27 points GD - 29

Much as I hate to say it I think we will finish 12th season with Ross finishing 11th

We have only won 6 games all season, and 3 of them were against Well. Realistically we probably need 3 wins and I just dont think we have it in us

Anyone more optimistic
smc4761
Premiership

Re: Where will we finish

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:51 am

I agree, sadly. Injuries have ravaged us. Rice isn't much cop but I feel a bit sorry for him. He can't go out and buy someone like Kyle Lafferty. And much as I dislike certain parties in the boardroom, just keeping the club afloat during Covid must be a struggle. I think County will avoid bottom with McKay and Shaw more likely to score than Moyo and Anderson. Seven seasons has been a great run, I just hope we don't do a Partick.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:44 pm

Looks like Mission Impossible ,but let's see what today brings.

I think Killie will win today , as for us , who knows.

Best we can hope for is Play Off position of 11th , if we do manage that I fancy ourselves against the Championship qualifier whoever that may be.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Think it’s between us and County now ... our game against them is massive ....will we have enough fit players to win a playoff though ....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:01 pm

Bottom me thinks.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:22 pm

Don't hear "dah de, dah dah de dah de" this season now. :cry:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:13 pm

And another thing....

Over the last five games

Killy scored 7 against 4 conceded

County scored 9 against 6 conceded

Accies scored 3 against 7 conceded

Generally the figures don't lie as to who is the worst team at this stage. Can we really expect any more points from a depleted squad? A fourth win against the Well would be unprecedented and they would enjoy seeing us out of their league. Any away win at County with the goals they are now scoring is again very doubtful, although there's always a possible point at St Mirren. Doesn't do us any real good though. Again Killy are scoring goals wher we are not.

End result prediction , like TT, straight relegation.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:16 pm

The BBC’s take on the relegation battle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56541838
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:18 pm

Delighted that both Well & Midden are through to the next round of the Scottish Cup. Hopefully their focus in the next games we play them will be protecting their chances of going even further in the competition where they are both safe from relegation, quite apart from tired legs to :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:30 pm

And even more Cup games for Killy too :lol: Hopefully more tired legs for them, Well and Midden, before the season ends.

You just Never Know with Accies :o :o :o
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:16 pm

So with a semi final becoming a week later from our game v St Midden, do they field a second eleven to preserve their Cup Final prospects, in what is a pretty meaningless game for them, or does their manager keep the first team sharpness and risk injury before a massive game in only seven days further on?? Might be our best chance of picking up three points, as Killy with Lafferty look unstoppable just now.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:46 pm

porcupine wrote:So with a semi final becoming a week later from our game v St Midden, do they field a second eleven to preserve their Cup Final prospects, in what is a pretty meaningless game for them, or does their manager keep the first team sharpness and risk injury before a massive game in only seven days further on?? Might be our best chance of picking up three points, as Killy with Lafferty look unstoppable just now.

Recent cup game apart, the games with St.Mirren are tight affairs , I'm not sure St. Mirren have a second eleven , they've had a few injuries like us and I feel they will play their strongest team. Even with the possibility of them playing a couple of fringe players I don't think we have enough to bother them up top if we play our usual punt up the park tactics

Killie , even without Lafferty ,look a better team than us at this moment so I think our best chance is at County away.

Looking at all the factors unfortunately we appear to be rudderless and heading for the bottom with Captain Bligh at the helm.
Stodmeister
Championship

Return to The Accies