Old match day threads will be moved here

Hibernian .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:34 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hibernian .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:46 pm

A 3-4-1-2 Accies formation to carry on the impressive start to Brian Rice's Accies reign.
Hibs to take a first half lead through Florian Kamberi after Accies buckle from a spell of intense home pressure under new charge Appleton.
However a plucky Accies,(a word seldom used in the same sentence as Accies under the previous 'boss') find a way back into this match with their adventurous play and a George Oakley strike from 5 yards on 83 minutes from a Steve Davies flick to earn Accies a precious point.
Crowd,15,272.
(283 away)
Weather,light rain.
Going,grass.
Happy Days.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Looks like it may be Heckingbottom, Frank.

Accies to get another point away from the effingbottom.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Looks like it may be Heckingbottom, Frank.

:o :o :o

Can you please message me the winning Euromillions numbers for Friday's draw, SC?

Hopefully, at least a point without any 'new manager' lift for Hibs.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:46 pm

TBF it's hardly clairvoyancy.
Heckingbottom was always in the running for the job.
Only reason he ended up with the job was a late hitch to the Appleton deal.
Probably asking for a bit much dosh.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Accies with PATG option now available at Easter Road for our fans.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:40 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Accies with PATG option now available at Easter Road for our fans.

Thanks YOH apologies all for not getting info on here this week.

Accies fans accommodated in the normal section lower tier behind the goal. Tickets can now be purchased from the ticket pods at the front of the stadium before kick off and entry via T5 and 6.

Adults £23
Over 65s and 12-17 year olds £14
2-11 year olds £12
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:59 pm

While I'm glad more Accies fans might attend tomorrow than may otherwise have been the case, it rips my knitting when we are told we have to buy tickets for away games, do so at a bit of inconvenience - I live a fair distance away - then at the last minute are told this is no longer the case. Our support size doesn't fluctuate much and even with the best will in the world, having BR as manager isn't going to woo 1000 fans back after 2 games - much as I am loving his work - it might take a month or two :D

I've posted about this before, with the Livi game another example, as I've got to travel by both there and Easter Road to get to NDP, but its now happened again and while I appreciate worse things happen at sea, it seems to be unnecessarily idiotic !
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:41 am

Really looking forward to this today.

I can't imagine feeling like this about a game just a few weeks ago.

We Left at 4-0 the last time and it was 6 by the time we got in the car and turned the radio on.

What a difference- 'mon the hoops
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:46 pm

Rice Out!
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby smc4761 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:29 pm

To be honest this was the result I was expecting today with Hibs getting the reaction a new manager brings.

On the plus side though seems like the players especially in 2nd half seemed to up their game and not capitulate as they have done many times this season. Think if they keep up that spirit there is still some hope

With Dundee winning and St Midden picking up a decent point this is going to be a very interesting 7 games until the split
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:46 pm

Fair enough result, not really at it in the first half but in a complete difference from the jumpers 'always surrender' mentality, we had a right go in the second half and try as we might, just couldn't get a foothold in the game.

Must say the referee looked very poor for their penalty and had absolutely no consistency in terms of headers being contested. If - and its a big if - Sowah's challenge on Gray was a foul, exactly the same happened in reverse in the second half when Gray charged into Sowah but incredibly Sowah was booked. So frustrating to watch, it'll be interesting to see the highlights.

Oh well, lets just pump the peepul next week :D
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:20 am

First game missed under Ricey Boy's tenure (through work commitments) but glad to hear we at least made a game of it in the 2nd half.
Mark Guidi on Clyde1 saying the same as the guys on here,namely that we fought to get back into the game.
Just knew Dundee would get that late winner.
Won't read too much into the Middens point at Lower Shetland either as they are pish.
Mon the Accies.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bluesy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:18 pm

The reaction of the supporters at the end said it all. Anyone just arriving in the accies end at Easter Road could easily have thought that we had won.
2nd half was excellent.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:47 pm

I've a horrible feeling that McInnes loaning out Wright to Dundee is the defining moment of the season in the bottom three. Their signing of Nelson looks pretty good too. I think we're now looking at second bottom as best case scenario. Another play off with Dundee United?

Just to add, that black strip is a pain. Why were we wearing it yesterday? You are allowed to have white shorts v white shorts, we did it last season against St Johnstone. I think we've only picked up one point wearing the black kit, at Killie. We'll have to change at Aberdeen but surely we'll wear the red at Motherwell and Livingston? Who decided what kit is worn? I bet it wasn't the ref yesterday.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:57 pm

No chance of it being Utd.
They'll win the Championship.
More like Toss Country.
Nelson can't be that good or Sunderland would have just loaned him out.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Second goal killed us off but we had a good go at them second half once Big Davies came on.A couple of times he even won the ball in the air despite three Hibs defenders challenging him and both he and Scott Martin should have started.

The young lads nearly cost goals with bad touches/nerves but came onto a game the longer it went on.

Media and some on here wetting themselves after Dundee beat a 10 man team for 75 minutes 2-1 where even McIntyre conceded on the radio that Livvy were denied a stonewall penalty.

I expect us to be a few points behind Dundee only due to the run of fixtures, but expect us to catch them up once we play sides outwith top four.Accies need to keep our nerve and hopefully ram it down all our critics especially those wankers on Sportsound after the game.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:32 pm

Allan Preston,Hugh Keevins,pair of tossers.
In fact possibly the biggest tossers out of a bunch of media tossers.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:42 am

Swift Frank wrote:Allan Preston,Hugh Keevins,pair of tossers.
In fact possibly the biggest tossers out of a bunch of media tossers.

Definitely , Preston has always hated Accies , it's that East Coast whine he has :x :x
Stodmeister
Championship

Next

Return to Match Day Archives