Mikey Devlin and Lewis Feguson

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Mikey Devlin and Lewis Feguson

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Hear the Club and Aberdeen FC have reached an amicable agreement re both the fee and sell on clause , ruling out the need for a Tribunal.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Alty accie » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:34 pm

Source?
Alty accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:54 am

Nah.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Gav » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:10 am

Swift Frank wrote:Hear the Club and Aberdeen FC have reached an amicable agreement re both the fee and sell on clause , ruling out the need for a Tribunal.

Maybe that is why we can afford to bring in the 2 new signings this week that Canning was talking about.
Gav
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:14 am

Gav wrote:
Swift Frank wrote:Hear the Club and Aberdeen FC have reached an amicable agreement re both the fee and sell on clause , ruling out the need for a Tribunal.

Maybe that is why we can afford to bring in the 2 new signings this week that Canning was talking about.

Canning talks jobby
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:20 am

This ^ defo 100%
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 am

Ronnie laying it on thick in the Sun re Ferguson. There is a danger that this kind of story backfires and gets up the tribunal’s nose. We shall see. The moral of the story is tie future talents up on lengthy contracts.

CASH VITAL
Hamilton Accies say Lewis Ferguson tribunal decision could deal a blow to their club philosophy of bringing through youngsters
Aberdeen have offered only £100,000 for the midfielder while Accies value him at the £1.2million they got from Wigan for James McCarthy in 2009

Accies say their approach could be jeopardised if the tribunal let the Dons land the youngster on the cheap.
Hamilton chairman Ronnie MacDonald will point to the cases of Alfie Mawson, Greg Docherty and Charlie Telfer which he says shows they should be weighed in.
MacDonald said: “If we as a club are doing all this work to produce a Lewis Ferguson, who could be a once-in-ten-years player, the valuation of him has to be realistic otherwise I’m going to think, ‘Why am I bothering?’
“He was in our first-team at 17 and someone offers us £100,000 for him — but he’s good enough to play all four games for Aberdeen in the Europa League?
“If Aberdeen had done what Rangers did with Greg Docherty, come in the front door and worked something out, fine, rather than people not returning your calls.
“Aberdeen will argue we’re due reimbursement, I’ll argue we’re due compensation.
“Compensation is getting reimbursed for an event I hadn’t welcomed happening to me. Reimbursement is them saying ‘You spent £20k a year developing him for five years, here’s 100k’.
MacDonald is concerned too by Livingston following Falkirk in scrapping their youth system and fears young players will be missed as youth opportunities grow scarcer.
He said: “That’s a worrying trend and it’s really disappointing. It’s the cart going in front of the horse. It’s the youth policy that sustains us staying in the league.”
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Plenty of time to vent fury after the Tribunal sets the fee at £115,000 plus 0.5% of any future transfer fee.
You just know they are going to favour the Sheep.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Ronnie MacDonald's public comments are welcome and timely. There's a risk they could backfire, but there's a bigger risk in saying nothing.

In the pre-Bosman era, tyrants like Jim McLean at Dundee United could force young players into long contracts. Thankfully that era is over, but clubs need to be protected from collusion between predators like Aberdeen and thankless prospects like Ferguson.

Accies developed Ferguson into the player he is - a goal scoring midfielder, an immediate fixture in a team competing in Europe and the top end of the SPL. His true value must be in the high hundreds of thousands, and if the tribunal's doing its job it should recognise that. Accies have offered a negotiating position, as have Aberdeen - I'd settle for the mid-point, which is £650,000.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:01 pm

The fact that the Sheep ignored attempts by Accies to negotiate hopefully comes back to bite their woolly bums.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:07 pm

As I exclusively revealed weeks ago, Ferguson's impressive performances since joining the Sheep matter not a jot .
Not taken into account.
Gonna get Royally shafted on Monday.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Accies developed Ferguson into the player he is - a goal scoring midfielder, an immediate fixture in a team competing in Europe and the top end of the SPL. His true value must be in the high hundreds of thousands, and if the tribunal's doing its job it should recognise that. Accies have offered a negotiating position, as have Aberdeen - I'd settle for the mid-point, which is £650,000.

I heard an explanation of the formula used by the tribunal for the first time today on Sport sound. Mind you it came from Father Ferguson but hey he should know ;) There are 3 elements viz. time spent at Accies, wages paid and contract offered. What happens after he left Accies has no relevance. Based on that Richard Gordon said he expected the fee to be 250k a figure I mentioned when this debate started. Cant see us getting much more than that. I have no idea if the tribunal can set a sell on percentage.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:05 pm

MacGowan could do a lot with 250k.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:35 am

Swift Frank wrote:MacGowan could do a lot with 250k.

The castle could do with a paint job. Probably cost 250k for special castle paint
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:24 pm

Undisclosed
Aberdeen "happy " with outcome.
We've been shafted then,as expected.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:44 pm

Swift Frank wrote:Undisclosed
Aberdeen "happy " with outcome.
We've been shafted then,as expected.

Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:38 pm

How the fcuk can you come out with that crap when the figure is undisclosed?
Bollocks.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:03 pm

I'd have thought Aberdeen would be "happy" with anything up to about £300k. Not more. Anyone got any genuine inside info - as opposed to their own guesses?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:18 pm

It will all come out in the wash.
In the meantime,fcuk the Sheep and their followers.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:39 am

Rumour I'm hearing is about £250k. The Times is reporting "a little over £200,000". Absolute steal.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies