Dougie "The Deck Chair" Imrie

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Dougie "The Deck Chair" Imrie

Postby Dr Slippy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:10 pm

I was really pleased to see Dougie score on Friday night, but over the past few months I can't help but feel that age is catching up with him & he is now starting to lose his powers. Dougie was always a potential match winner, but of late, for me,he has become a peripheral figure, and is most noted for collapsing like a deck chair any time a defender comes close. This part of his game really annoys me, because I hate the fact that cheating is now endemic in our game, & Dougie has become one of the most frequent "simulators" in our league.

I have always been a fan & he has always epitomised the spirit that fans want from Accies players. He is universally hated by opposition fans, but they have always known he is a threat to their team.

Perhaps my feelings about Dougie have been coloured of late, because in some matches he has been asked to do a wing back role which he is not equipped for. I hope I am wrong, and he can find his mojo and become the main man again,without the need for his legs buckling when there is no route to goal.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Re: Dougie "The Deck Chair" Imrie

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Definitely not a wing back as don't think I've seen him go past a full back yet.

Looked more of a threat when playing off Bingham later in the game. Nearly scored sliding in just befor he eventually scored, don't think I really see d'col attacking balls like the way imrie did in the box.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: Dougie "The Deck Chair" Imrie

Postby judgeflash » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:18 am

Dougie has been one of my favourite players the past couple of seasons, more for work rate than anything else. His work rate is now not compensating for his lack of skill anymore. When he gets the ball wide, he cannot play it off anything but his left foot. He will run like a headless chicken into space without being able to pick a pass.
If he's asked to do a role, he has to adapt to the teams needs, no man is above the team. If he can't play wingback and no other position is available, he should be dropped.
D'Acol was hung out to dry against Rangers, as he is someone that absolutely needs support up front, be that Bingham or Gramoz. Without support or lack of any quality balls, he's not gonna do much for us either.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to The Accies